Wednesday, October 14, 2009

A Simple Woman's Daybook~October 14, 2009

To join in focusing on the simple things and pleasures of your daily life or to read other people's entries, you can click here.


So, For Today...Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Outside my window...for this week, a scene much different than usual. It is night time and I am looking down on the lights of Jen and Lowell's town. This is a great advantage to living on the side of a mountain.

I am thinking...about how much I enjoy being a mother.

From the learning room...Once a mother, always a mother. God is good to allow this to be an ongoing adventure.

I am reading...The Lost Symbol

From the kitchen...I have rediscovering that our daughter Jen is a wonderful cook. She has a natural rhythm in the kitchen like her Dad. She makes hard work look effortless with fantastic results. And she is fast. I am happy to have my spot at the sink cleaning up. It is a treat to have someone else cook!

I am wondering...I am wondering where the years have gone since 1972 and flabbergasted that she will be 38 in April. One of the greatest joys in life is to live long enough to see the wonderful people your children turn out to be.

I am wearing...A white shirt and gray jeans.

I am creating....wonderful memories with our grandchildren this week while visiting in Utah.

I am hearing...Chloe still talking from her bedroom and fighting that need to go to sleep so she can recharge and start over tomorrow!

I am going...to be thankful when Jim can come with me on these Gramma missions.

I am quoting...Hazel...age two..."Chocwit...wow!"

My spiritual thoughts include...gratitude for prayers that are answered and how brave they helped our granddaughters to be today when getting their flu shots.

Around the house....Everything is back in its proper place after a busy day of playing inside due ot rainy weather.

Today I miss...Grampa who had to stay home and Chris and Missy and their kids whom I have not seen this week yet due to the flu bug at their house.

I am hoping...that I can see them soon and that everyone will get and stay well.

I have been procrastinating..getting my clothes out the dryer in the basement!

One of my favorite things...sleeping with Julia every night when I visit here.

A few plans for the rest of the week...Help the kids...whatever they need, I am here to help.
And soaking up hugs and kisses from the little people in my life!

Here is a picture and a thought I am sharing with you..


Click click!
Julia when she was 2 (ish) just loving Halloween at Aunt Gail's after a pumpkin carving contest. She has grown up so much since then. They have wonderful traditions in this little family. It is fantastic it almost makes me like Halloween.

3 comments:

Marie Rayner said...

Thanks so much for sharing these special family moments with us through your daybook Bonnie. Oh how I wish that I could spend time like this with my family. Perhaps one day.

Jen - Balancing Beauty and Bedlam said...

How special that you have this time with your daughter and family. :)

Connie said...

Sounds like sheer heaven to me....Love you, my friend!