Monday, November 23, 2009

A Simple Woman's Daybook~November 23, 2009

To join in focusing on the simple things and pleasures of your daily life or to read other people's entries, you can click here.


So, For Today...Monday, November 23, 2009

Outside my window...it is dark, cold and damp. It is supposed to be very nice and sunny this week and I am hoping the forecast is correct. I have a way of always running into some kind of bad weather going or coming home from Utah but am hoping to start a new trend this week. Thinking good thoughts about flying in lovely blue skies. It seems I am usually alone...so maybe Jim will be my good luck charm!

I am thinking...it will be so much fun to spend a few days with the kids in Utah. Thanksgiving is a fun time and it is on Jim's birthday this year! The kids and I are getting him an iPhone for his birthday and Christmas combined. I finally had to tell him as I couldn't figure out how to confiscate his old phone for the day without him being suspicious. He is pretty excited about his new phone and we have a personal shopping appointment at Apple tonight. They will spend an hour with us going over all the usage details. Woohoo! Christmas and birthday budgeting comes in so handy right now as we both really need new phones. I am hoping mine can limp along until my birthday!

I am thankful for....all of my friends and especially today for the new friends I have made on the blogs. You have enriched my life immeasurably and I have learned so much from all of you. I feel like I attend University each day with you as my professors!

From the learning room..that there is always something new to learn. Just when I was getting ready to fold the business a Realtor told me she has 2 houses for me in January. Life can be perplexing sometimes?? I am still getting rid of a lot of the inventory regardless.

I am reading...Leadership and Self-Deception. It is an excellent book and I am trying to finish it this week so I can return it to our son.

From the kitchen...The cupboards are bare and I need to do a very small shopping trip today for a few things we need between now and Wednesday when we leave.

I am wondering...about the mayhem at the airport on Wednesday. Yikes! No empty seats on the busiest day of the year for traveling.

I am wearing...white jammies and apparently that is not enough. I am freezing. Socks would help....be right back.

I am hearing...The album entitled The Forgotten Carols by Michael Mc Lean. Beautiful.

I am creating...a Christmas lesson for Church on Dec 6th. I want it all done by the time we leave so I have a lot to do today.

I am going...to actually thread a needle and tack down some pockets on a new sweater I bought.

I am quoting...my mother-in-law...when things get stressful just think..."This too shall pass!"

My spiritual thoughts include...Hasten the day when the Savior returns to the earth to rule and reign.

Around the house...I have a few presents to wrap for Christmas yet but the shopping is finished. The floor heater is removed and the floor beautifully repaired and the new unit is sitting in our dining room. Going in Dec 1st. Yay!

I am hoping...each and every one of you and us stay healthy for the next little season (at the very least) and everyone can enjoy the holidays!

I have been procrastinating..the same old thing~accounting, the never ending record keeping~hate it but it is a necessary evil.

One of my guilty pleasures...
Christmas decorations. I love looking at them and cannot wait to go to Utah and browse around all the fun home stores. Since the shopping is done I can just enjoy it without feeling pressure to find gifts. Also I just need to soak it all in as we are not decorating this year before our trip. Our house guests will have to be content to enjoy the left over fall things! They said they'll manage and are just happy to have a place to stay! Good thing.

One of my favorite things..The Holidays~Thanksgiving and Christmas. I am not that into New Year's Eve and Day...by then I am too exhausted to care much. Just want to veg out and relax and enjoy the peace and quiet! We are not much of a bunch of party animals actually.

A few plans for the rest of the week...Get things wrapped up here and get out of dodge.

Here is a picture and thought I am sharing with you...

These are our beloved pilgrims and we have had them for at least 20 years. I love them because back in those days you couldn't find much at all for Thanksgiving in the way of decor and we just love these. Well, I should say I do. Jim, I am not sure?? But what's not to love? Happy Thanksgiving!


3 comments:

Patty said...

Enjoyed your daybook. I hope you have those blue skies for your upcoming trip. Happy Thanksgiving.

LA Adams said...

Have a really great Thanksgiving! Matthew said Utah was looking great when he left. Bon Voyage!

dtbrents said...

I love reading your daybook. I love to look around stores also. Some will let me take pictures. I saw some great shops at Branson a few days ago. I hope you have a wonderful time. Have a great Thanksgiving. Doylene