Tuesday, December 8, 2009

A Simple Woman's Daybook~December 8. 2009

To join in focusing on the simple things and pleasures of your daily life or to read other people's entries, you can click here.


So, For Today...Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Outside my window...It's a gray and gloomy day here at 1:30 pm. There is breeze and it is really cold. No, it's freezing! I don't remember it ever being this cold in CA before.

I am thinking...Work expands to fill the time available. Honestly, we have four days before leaving for Italy and I think every single solitary moment is full.

I am thankful for....being able to go to Italy to see our kids and will be very thankful when we arrive at the airport and the prep is done!

From the learning room..patience is a virtue and I wish I had more of it. I am a work in progress but how many years will this one take?

I am reading...Cranford by Elizabeth Gaskell on the plane.

From the kitchen...it's a homemade Mac and Cheese night. Such a comfort food on a cold day.

I am wondering...how far along our bathroom will be when we get back?

I am wearing...socks, orange shirt, jeans and a brown quilted vest.

I am hearing...Mary Did You Know? By Kathy Mattea. My favorite Christmas song.

I am creating...my lists and checking them twice for every minute of the next few days.

I am going...to run all my errands and get a pedi tomorrow as I am still waiting for the furnace man to arrive. Our furnace was supposed to be up and running 8 days ago but...arrrrgh...no comment. We did get our other lovely Christmas present up and running though, our new washing machine! When it rains it pours and when it snows it dumps on us over here!

I am quoting...Spencer W. Kimball, " The only limits we have on our capabilities are self-imposed."

My spiritual thoughts include...being glad I had a chance to spend some quality time thinking about all the really important things about Christmas and Christ's birth and all that that means. I loved it and preparing and giving my lesson on what I learned.

Around the house...construction messes and lots of cleaning up needing to be done in the next few days to get things ready for our house guests while we are gone.

I am hoping..you all have a wonderful Christmas and the best of New Years.

I have been procrastinating..nothing...that part is over now and I am pressed for time.

One of my guilty pleasures...
Melancholy music and scented candles in a dark room late at night. It is very relaxing to me.

One of my favorite things..Bling! Bling in Italy!

A few plans for the rest of the week...to hurry and get ready and then hold each one of our precious kids and grandkids in my arms for a very long time since we have not seen them in almost 2 years. I cannot think about being excited to be in Italy until after a whole lot of hugs and kisses and talking face to face have taken place.

Here is a picture and thought I am sharing with you...

Robert, Laura, Ross, Spencer

Here are the kids we get to squeeze soon. They are all a year older now but I am saving their new photos for the big reveal on my annual electronic Christmas card/blog that will be up and running by Friday at http://averymerrychristmas.blogspot.com. I love sending out info on this blog once a year. It is fun and easy, saves a lot of writing and stamps and people seems to enjoy it so, what's not to love? So check back Friday! Merry Christmas Everyone!

3 comments:

Nellie's Cozy Place said...

Hi Bonnie,
what a beautiful family you have.
Know you and they are just dying to see each other! Just 4 more days!! How exciting!
Hope things are coming together for you really well. Am praying for you to get it all done in time. I am sure you can't wait to get to the airport. All the prep work is so draining. The worst part of the trip is always the packing, well for me, it is more the deciding what to take, I think that is the hardest.
Am feeling some better, but now Jimmy seems to be coming down with it! Spoke with a friend from church today and they had this stuff for 2 weeks. I don't even want to think about that!! lol
Pray for my daughter if you would,
she keeps getting sharp pains in her lower right quadrant, but she has none of the symptoms of appenditcitis, and she had a sonogram today but they couldn't see her appendix unfortunately and they did see some free fluid or something above her ovary, so don't know if she had a cyst or sometime that has ruptured or what,
but she keeps getting sharp pains that only last a millisecond and then it is gone, but happens about every 10 mins. We are praying they don't get worse or goes away by tomorrow cause she has no insurance right now, but will have around the 20th when she
goes full time.
You guys have a Wonderful time if we don't get to talk before you go Sweetie. and Merry Merry Christmas to you!!
Love and Blessings, Nellie

Shelli Snyder said...

I love love love reading your blog. I'm actually considering becoming a Simple Woman's Daybook-er. Hope you love Italy and that everything goes smoothly for you and Jim. I know getting there can be less than pleasant. :) But look at that cute pic - SO worth it!!! Love you! See you soon!!

Caroline Craven said...

I had no idea it has been two years since you've seen Laura and her family. I hope everything goes well getting ready to go and getting there. You must be so excited. Good luck with everything and enjoy every moment there in Italy.