Friday, January 22, 2010

Two Wolves



One evening an old Cherokee told his grandson about a battle that goes on inside people.


He said:
'My son, the battle is between 'two wolves' inside us all.

One is Evil. It is anger, envy, jealousy
, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority, and ego.

The other is Good
. It is joy, peace, love, hope, serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion, and faith.'

The grandson thought about it for a minute, and then asked his grandfather:
'Which wolf wins?'

"The one that you feed!"

5 comments:

Nellie's Cozy Place said...

Hi Bonnie,
I have seen that before and could not agree more!!
Hope you are doing well.
How's that bathroom coming along??
Take care,
Blessings, Nellie

Shaun at Oak Den said...

WOW!! I am sharing this with my children. This is good stuff!

BECKY said...

Hi Sweet Bon! I haven't done much blogging, but am starting to feel like my old self again!! Dr. said maybe another week or two!

Love this! So very true! And I love your post about what we think! We set our own limits so much of the time. I was just talking to Maddy about that earlier. If something I think should come easily to me doesn't, I lose patience more quickly than I should and may never follow through. RIDICULOUS!! I am only stealing from myself. I KNOW that I CAN make it work...just have to steer right through it. Wow!! Us older dogs can still learn, huh??!!
HA!!

Sure wish I could come give you a big hug, and sit and visit a while. How fun would that be!!?? Maybe one day!

Hope your weekend is going well. Ran is hunting and me and Maddy are having a great time just being us!

Love ya sweetie!!
HUGS,
Becky

Marie Rayner said...

I have always loved this tale or tail Bonnie! It's a goodun!

Caroline Craven said...

Why does the evil wolf always seem so much hungrier than the good wolf???