Monday, January 25, 2010

A Simple Woman's Daybook~January 25, 2010

To join in focusing on the simple things and pleasures of your daily life or to read other people's entries, you can click here.


So, For Today...Monday, January 25, 2010

Outside my window...it is dark, wet and raining quite hard and steadily. After 6 straight weeks I am thinking is it time to start gathering the animals two by two? There have been a few days when the sun has been out for a few hours...that has helped. I try to remind myself we need it and it makes everything looks so pretty. I try to remember when we lived in Las Vegas and got about 6 days with some rain per year and that was cause for celebration. It is helping ...sorta.

I am thinking...that this information is incredulous...Photos of the newly elected senator from Massachusetts who did a centerfold nude photo shoot for Cosmo magazine in 1982 has just surfaced. At the time he was a 22 year old law student. Are you kidding me? I don't know much about his guy but this stopped me dead in my tracks about wanting to learn more. I don't care if you are a Democrat, a Republican, or a member of the Green Peace Party or whatever...keep your blasted clothes on and don't even think about running for public office if you have something like this in your background. You have to know someone is going to find it, it is just a matter of time! Or is this the new prerequisite for running for a public office? This is one crazy, upside down world we live in! I think moral decay has a pretty nasty grip on this country and I for one am sick of it.

I am thankful for...the fact that I can be happy in spite of rainy weather and ridiculous politicians.

From the learning room...everyday is a new beginning! What a blessing!

I am reading...Vienna Prelude~fascinating and enjoyable and poignant.

From the kitchen...time to make some of Jim's favorite soup. Prelude to that is grocery shopping.

I am wondering...how it has been a month already since Christmas??

I am wearing...jammies with nothing on my feet. I am about to stop typing and go get some socks.

I am hearing...hearing the rain on the rooftop and about to turn on my iTunes top-rated playlist...You Are The Sunshine Of My Life..Stevie Wonder is first up!

I am creating...a color scheme for our new bathroom...still on the fence.

I am going...to make some appointments for the annual check-ups I always try to get scheduled at the beginning of each year.

I am quoting...Spencer W. Kimball..."Do It!" Nike, "Just Do It!" Myself, "Do It Now!"

My spiritual thoughts include...How beautiful the earth is and how everything testifies of our divine creation. I have been thinking about how everything is synchronized to work in harmony with everything else and usually when something goes a rye man has something to do with it!

Around the house...hopefully the painting on the new walls in the bathroom and the tile will be started this week in the shower.

I am hoping...to learn about God's plan for our future.

I have been procrastinating...cleaning out my china cabinet until the last of the wallboard dust has landed.

One of my guilty pleasures...looking for just the right things to feather our nest. I love being surrounded with things that bring a smile to my face and make the house feel like a comfy home.

One of my favorite things...the name of some young friends' baby boy...Bridger Adams. Isn't that so cute?

A few plans for the rest of the week...3 meetings today, working on getting my blog book printed, 2 luncheons with and for friends, church work, working on the class about blogging I am teaching in February...exactly one month from today. Yikes! Cleaning and some ironing is on my list and definitely date night with Jim on Friday. We feel it when we miss our weekly movie and popcorn night. And most important to me this week is thinking of a long distance way to bring some joy to our sweet daughter, Laura, on her 32nd birthday in five days. She is feeling sad as 3 of her very good friends have recently moved and Robert will be away. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Here is a picture and thought I am sharing with you...

Looking through my picture file I ran across this and thought now this is really symbolic of the state of our nation. We need to do some very needed mending and repairs to the weak spots that are taking us down one day at a time. I realize that it has to start with the individual and the family. It has to start with morality and conscience and a desire to truly be honest and above board and full of integrity in all we do. It has to be about taking a stand and placing our trust in God as the founding fathers had intended. If we don't stand for something we will fall for anything. Our needles and thread need to be gathered up before it is too late. A stitch in time saves nine!

3 comments:

Caroline Craven said...

I have a great idea for Laura's birthday, one that was inspired by Nicki. I'll email it to you just in case Laura is checking out your blog. I would love to have a day of rain, we are experiencing snow and nasty inversions. Oh, for the sunshine!!!

Shelli Snyder said...

Hey, Bon, what did you think of our blogging class title suggestions? :) We seriously sat around thinking about that all together for a LONG time last night. Thanks for the activity! :)

Bonnie said...

You are the cutest, cleverest bunch of sweet friends I know. So many choices I haven't even decided yet. Thank you a million times over!