Thursday, March 11, 2010

Connor's Report on His Great Great Grandfather

Connor~Cool as a cucumber just before the presentation.

This has been a great week for me to be here in Utah. Today I got to go to the kids' school and listen to Connor give his ancestor report. He did a lot of research and did an interesting presentation to his class about Grampa Andrew.

This is a wonderful assignment that gives the fourth graders an opportunity to learn about their roots. It is a way for them to appreciate who and where they came from and to realize that the choices made by their ancestors affected who they themselves are.

Connor, I am very proud of you, as were your Mom and Dad. We recorded it to share with Grampa and Grandma Gloria and the rest of the family and some friends. Your previous experience as a news reporter on TV for two broadcasts of the local news and your opportunities to speak in church have helped you become very comfortable in front of a lot of people. What a wonderful experience. Not a lot of adults could have done as well as you did today. Good Job, Con!


5 comments:

Marie Rayner said...

How wonderful Bonnie. You are so lucky to be able to spend time like this with your family and grandchildren. I loved Connors talk. He did a fabulous job with his presentation!! xxoo

Caroline Craven said...

I love that picture of Connor standing by his poster - he looks like a miniature Chris standing there. Thanks for the visit yesterday. I know, from experience, that when you get out to Utah (and Idaho, in my case) to visit family, time is at a premium so I loved every minute of our visit and loved meeting Jen's girls. They are adorable. Nicki called yesterday and I told her about my funny conversation with Jim (and the fact that he hasn't been over home teaching in quite some time) and she laughed, saying, "I love Jim. He will always hold a special place in my heart. He's the best". Jim, you have fans!!!

LA Adams said...

Great Job! Very nice for Grandma's.

Nellie's Cozy Place said...

Hi Bonnie,
what a great job Conner did! I am so impressed with this lil guy!!
What a wonderful thing that is that he reported on his great grandpa,
I know your Jim must be delighted as well.
What fun you are having and great memories to keep!
They will be sorry to see grammy go
I am sure.
But so glad you are able to get to spend such great times with them.
Love ya grammy, you are doing a swell job too! You are a grammy inspiration. I have a lady at my church that is a grandmother and she is probably up in her eighties, but when she was in up in her 70's she used to climb those bleachers and sit in the rain to watch her grandkids play sports, she was awesome! In fact, I saw her last Sunday and told her again, as I have many times that she was my role model for grandparent hood and she always laughs!! She is such a sweetie. So now I have 2 role models!!
Love ya Girlie,
Nellie

{Bellamere Cottage} said...

Oh my.......aren't those just the MOST special moments? Something to treasure forever. I just can't get enough of my little grandson....What PURE joy....

Way to go Conner!

Huggies,
Spencer