Friday, March 19, 2010

Piper Turns Eleven!


Yesterday was the beginning of a three day event for Piper's Birthday. I am so glad I am here for it. In the morning before the sun can up, Jen was up cooking bacon and eggs and toast for the family. It is their tradition to have breakfast (whatever the birthday girl requests and open a few presents.)


Piper got a bike for her birthday and we had to pick it up the night before and leave it in the car. She has an uncanny way of finding her presents otherwise!

She had a fun day at school and brought treats for her whole class. After school she did her homework and then we got ready to go to dinner at the Cracker Barrel.

It was sweet, I think she chose CB because she knows I enjoy going there and we don't have any in CA. It turned out to be just Jen, Piper, Julia and Chloe and me for dinner as Lowell was feeling ill and so he stayed home with Hazie.


We enjoyed a little time in the gift shop and then had a yummy dinner. Piper chose a hamburger and fries. I always get their pancakes there...I don't think I have tried another thing on the menu. When we got home we got ready for the friend party today after school. We cleaned up and made some fun favors for her friends. Then she opened the rest of her presents. She said she had a great day!

Happy Birthday Piper!

1 comments:

Nellie's Cozy Place said...

Hi Bonnie,
So glad you could be there for Pipers birthday...I am sure that made it all the more special for her. Cracker Barrel is always such a fun place to go in fact, I was thinking earlier before I even read your post, that maybe we should do that today, cause it has been a long while since we have done that,
and they have all the spring stuff in, and after all it is the first day of spring, so that seems a celebration is in order...Don't you think??? lol
We have so much we need to do but
I am in my sanguine mood, and that means fun, fun, fun!! lol
Nice you got to see your elderly
friend as well, too bad she couldn't see your writings, cause I know she would be proud of you.
Well, guess you will be heading home today or tomorrow, forgot if you said the 20th or 21st. Bet Jim is counting the minutes!!
Have a great day and Spring!

Yea!!! Happy Happy Spring!
I am coming along with my spring decorating but have a bit more to do, but I am happy with it so far.
Love ya girl, and miss you coming by......Nellie