Monday, March 15, 2010

A Simple Woman's Daybook~March 15, 2010

To join in focusing on the simple things and pleasures of your daily life or to read other people's entries, you can click here.


So, For Today...Monday, March 15, 2010

Outside my window...it is dark, clear and chilly. From up here on the mountain side the sparkly city lights are very pretty. With Daylight Savings Time it will be dark when everyone gets up in 45 minutes and the day begins officially.

I am thinking...I am several posts behind on my blog. Life happens pretty fast amongst 8 grandkids and four kids. Something is always going on and the buzz is nonstop. Like the tortoise I will catch up if I just plod long.

I am thankful for...my new found appreciation for snow. This area is not that pretty in March compared to the rest of the year and on Saturday we had a rather heavy spring snow. It was so beautiful and just made everything look so different, clean and gorgeous. It was like deja vu Christmas! I really enjoyed it.

From the learning room...it is never too late to grow, change, and experience new things from a new perspective. What a blessing!

I am reading...Vienna Prelude...almost done finally!

From the kitchen...I am the first assistant and dishwasher here. Not even thinking about what's for dinner. That is a real treat for me!

I am wondering...how I am going to get everything I am bringing home into one suitcase. I bought few spring clothes along with the things I got from Tai*Pan. I may be mailing a box home. I don't mind though as I save so much $ here and there is actually more variety, lower sales tax and a fun daughter to over see what I buy. I do miss having the girls home to shop with~they are my fashion police!

I am wearing..black jammies.

I am hearing..the churning sound of their backup system for their Mac doing its job. The humming refrigerator and the rest is just beautiful quiet. That will change in 25 minutes when the family gets up, hits the floor running and gears up for another busy and hopefully healthy new week.

I am going...to do my 1,000th post on this blog this week.

Today if I could change one thing...that I would always eat only healthy food and never be tempted by anything other wise. That I would adore exercising and not think twice about doing it all day long every day. That I could cross this goal off my list and just accomplish it, make it a habit and be done with it!

I am quoting..."Leap and the net will appear." Zen Saying


My spiritual thoughts include...All encompassing gratitude for all our blessings.

Around the house...Everything is in order before the new day begins.

I am missing...my hubby, home and friends!

I am hoping...he does great on his presentation this weekend.

I have been procrastinating...making some phone calls...

One of my guilty pleasures...exposing certain companies for their weird or unfair practices like the Southwest Rapid Rewards program that never lets me use my free flights when I need them.

One of my favorite things...sleeping with Chloe.

Sleeping Beauty

A few plans for the rest of the week...shopping with Jen today, a bagel and hot chocolate from Einstein's Bagels, looking at real estate in Utah, Pinewood Derby with Chris's family on Tuesday night, hopefully seeing my friend Val on Wednesday, Piper's 11th birthday on Thursday, the first one I have spent with her since she turned one! Thursday a very special event to be revealed on that day in SLC, Friday Piper's kid party, Saturday her family party. Saturday evening, fly home and have a date with Jim.

Here is a picture and thought I am sharing with you

The view from the porch. It is beautiful up here!

1 comments:

LA Adams said...

This was really a nice post. You are never going to get old because your mind doesn't stop working. It's like you're thinking of different issues all the time. I think I'll work more on putting stuff into my brain so I can be like you.