Monday, March 29, 2010

A Simple Woman's Daybook~March 29, 2010

To join in focusing on the simple things and pleasures of your daily life or to read other people's entries, you can click here.


So, For Today...Monday, March 29, 2010

Outside my window...It is night time by most people's standards...4:15 am. Jim is on Easter break right now and is sleeping soundly. Me, I'm awake. I went to bed a little early and this is what happens when I do that. Even when I have the opportunity to sleep later...I can't. I'm just glad I'm a morning person!

I am thinking...about Laura and wishing she was home right now so we could chat. It is mid afternoon in Italy. I want to know how her weekend was. She had a big presentation to do. I hope it went well. I am also wondering how Ross is adjusting to his arm cast. I am guessing some of the novelty has worn off by now.

I am thankful for...every single blessing in my life and I recognize where they come from. Seeing God's hand in my life is something I like to practice. He is everywhere I look, I love that.

From the learning room...at the top of every mountain we climb~the vista reveals another one. Earth life...

I am reading...my WW II books and learning so much. My Dad served in it for over five years. I just want to understand what it was like for him. Not good is my guess.

From the kitchen...I have done a lot of cooking so everything is good for this week.

I am wondering..how things will go at the series of doctor appointments I have finally made. Just routine stuff, not my favorite thing to do, but necessary.

I am wearing...not enough...I am freezing.

I am hearing..Nothing at all. It is very quiet.

I am going...to see my friends this morning~I always look forward to that.

Today if I could change one thing...that Jim and I could have some leisure time over the next two weeks but he has big plans for his time off work.

I am quoting..."There are better things ahead than any we leave behind." -CS Lewis


My spiritual thoughts include...learning and relearning how to lay things that are burdensome at the feet of the Savior.

Around the house...the future looks optimistic...retirement is in the air.

I am missing...just people I love.

I am hoping...to get all my inventory liquidated from my warehouse this coming month.

I have been procrastinating...see the answer directly above.

One of my guilty pleasures...lunch out with friends.

One of my favorite things...staying home in the evenings. Actually, just staying home. I am a home body.

A few plans for the rest of the week.
..paint the hallway with Jim, finish up remodeling details, maybe a walk in Muir Woods mid-week, helping put on a dinner at church on Wednesday night, being at the hardware store and being Jim's gopher this week. Possibly going to Steve and Emily's for Easter. General Conference on TV.

Here is a picture and thought I am sharing with you


A sunflower for my friend Nellie who is having a birthday today. She brings a lot of fun and light into my life. Love you, Nel! Have a wonderful day! I know you will! XOXO, B

1 comments:

Caroline Craven said...

I just read this post and the one about Kathy. So very touching. A very long time ago, Nicki was introduced t Kathy when the kids went to the nursing home for Christmas carols or something like that. I remember that Kathy and others at the home had a profound impact on Nicki. She had many questions about "why" and I felt so inadequate b/c "we all have our trials" seemed so heartless. What a beautiful blog you wrote about Kathy. Thanks.