Monday, March 8, 2010

A Simple Woman's Daybook~March 8, 2010

To join in focusing on the simple things and pleasures of your daily life or to read other people's entries, you can click here.


So, For Today...Monday, March 8, 2010

Outside my window...it is a lot more spring like than the window I am looking out of here in the mountain states. Here not much is green, everything is dormant and waiting for warmer weather. There are a few little blades of green grass popping up in Jen's garden boxes but that is it. I can see why the people here love the snow in the winter because without it covering up everything it looks dreary and desolate. From what I have seen it is supposed to snow tomorrow and Wednesday. Then it will all be clean, sparkly and white and beautiful again.

I am thinking...things are look promising here. Hazie is doing pretty well and that is such a relief. This morning however, Chloe woke up with the symptoms of the flu...holy cow what next for these poor kids.

I am thankful for...the hope of new days and better tomorrows when everyone is well.

From the learning room...once again how hard it is to be a parent of growing children. You love them so much you just automatically give your all. You don't even fully realize what it takes out of you until you look back on it. You find yourself thinking..."I cannot believe I actually did that!" It is a remarkable feat, it really is!

I am reading...Vienna Prelude...I am really getting through it finally with more time to read. I will get to book 2 by this week's end.

From the kitchen...Jen always concocts something fantastic out of thin air. She is like her Dad in the kitchen. So at ease and capable. It is a joy to watch them they are so natural with it all.

I am wondering...what is happening at home.

I am wearing..light gray jeans, a gray and black shirt, socks, and these awesome Fossil brand pewter earring that are lotus flowers with little tiny stones in the center.

I am hearing..Julia sitting next to me whispering the answers to her math homework. Something on one of the TV's for Chloe, and trumpet music.

I am going...to get up and clean up in just a few minutes. Jen is resting with Hazie and Chloe, the big girls are just home from school.

Today if I could change one thing...it would be that Jim could be here with us!

I am quoting..."Peace. It does not mean to be in a place where there is no noise, trouble, or hard work. It means to be in the midst of those things and still be calm in your heart." Author unknown


My spiritual thoughts include...praying that those I have learned about this week that are suffering in Florida will be comforted. Praying for the blessings for two beautiful babies celebrated this week. Praying that in vitro works for some friends, and that my friends in England will love their new apartment. I am thankful to know that faith in Christ can make all these things work together for the good of my friends and family.

Around the house...there are little things that need picking up left behind by little hands. They are calling Gramma to come and fetch them and put them in their proper places.

I am missing...Spencie and Ross, Laura and Robert.

I am hoping...That everyone will be well to go to the district choir concert for the elementary schools tomorrow night.

I have been procrastinating...nothing...taxes done...everything caught up...a rare moment in deed.

One of my guilty pleasures...snuggling with the grandkids.

One of my favorite things...Sleeping with a different granddaughter each night! Sometimes more than one!

A few plans for the rest of the week...choir performance for three oldest kids, babysitting with Jen on Wednesday, going to some doctor appointments, going to Connor's class for an ancestor report he has done on Jim's grandfather on Thursday. Babysitting for Chris and Missy so they can go out to dinner with the faculty of the university. Saturday hang out with Jen while the kids and Lowell go skiing. Saturday night date with four couples, Jen Lowell, Chris, Missy and four other mutual friends for dinner and a movie. Sunday spending the day with Chris and family at church and home. All of the above subject to change according to the health and well-being of all involved.

Here is a picture and thought I am sharing with you.

This is my little barnacle, Julia, she has not left
my side except to go to primary and school
since I came here.

4 comments:

Bonnie said...

I am missing you also. Thanks for the run-down on up-coming events for the week. Now I'm wishing I was there more that ever. Keep up the good work of keeping our family tied to each other...Dinner Dates, concerts, reports...all good stuff!!

I love the photos...keep them coming!

My love to all.
Love,Dad

Jim said...

O.K...so by now you have realized that the comment above was me and not Bonnie Jo. All the same I wish I was there with you all.

Caroline Craven said...

Jen's daughters are so beautiful - great genes, I suppose. I hope to see you in a day or two.

Shaun at Oak Den said...

You are such a wonderful Gramma!!