Tuesday, May 25, 2010

My First Joke....


A teenage boy had just passed his driving test and inquired of his father as to when they could discuss his use of the car.

His father said he'd make a deal with his son: 'You bring your grades up from a C to a B average, study your Bible a little, and get your hair cut.Then we'll talk about the car.'

The boy thought about that for a moment, decided he'd settle for the offer, and they agreed on it. After about six weeks his father said, 'Son, you've brought your grades up and I've observed that you have been studying your Bible, but I'm disappointed you haven't had your hair cut.

The boy said, 'You know, Dad, I've been thinking about that, and I've noticed in my studies of the Bible that Samson had long hair, John the Baptist had long hair, Moses had long hair...and there's even strong evidence that Jesus had long hair.'

You're going to love the Dad's reply:

' And did you also notice they all walked everywhere they went?'

4 comments:

Julie Harward said...

HE HE HE...I think I have heard that before but it was funny again! :D

Nellie's Cozy Place said...

Hey Girlie,
that was sooooo cute!! I got a good laugh off that one.
Hope you feel better tomorrow hon.
We went out to Sams tonight and to Target an did a lil grocery shopping. Also ran to Joann's and Bealls for grins!!
It was just fun to get out awhile.
It was so cool and breezy I just wanted to be outside, it was a perfect 70 degrees, so when we got home it was about 10, so we made coffee and sat on the porch awhile. It's almost 12 so gotta get to bed cause we might try to do some work in the yard in the morning but we need to get up real early.
Have a great day tomorrow.
Love ya, Nellie

margaret said...

There's nothing a Dad likes like the last word!

Marie Rayner said...

hahaha father knows best! xxoo