Saturday, June 26, 2010

My Semi-Annual Project

OK, here is my kind of project....

The porch with my new purchase.

Yesterday morning Maureen and I made our monthly pilgrimage to Room with A Past. This is one of the most fun places to find treasures because it is run by a bunch of women who love to shop and then sell after a time. It is kind of like fishing. Catch and Release! So when they get rid of their cool stuff they load it in the car, after having dolled it up or whatever, and off it goes to their monthly sale.

Maureen and I were saying we'd love to be a fly on the wall and see how much trading goes on before the doors open among these awesome ladies of exquisite taste. The best part of the whole deal is they do not try to gouge you with their prices. I paid $14.00 for this large plaque. I know my prices and this was a lovely steal! They understand the obsession and are just trying to help out like-minded women who love to build their nests on an on-going basis.

So I bought this awesome plaster piece yesterday and wasn't quite sure where to put it. But where there is a will there is a way, right? After carrying it from room to room I decided on the front porch because it has such a gardeny flair to it. There was just one little problem with it out there...white walls. So I decided to give it a saffron (name of paint color) wash to give it a bit more color to contrast with the white siding on the porch and to accent the pillows and flowers out there.

Starting time as seen above.

I took some of our bedroom paint
and thinned it with water.


Slapped some paint on the edges and then
the front of it and then quickly rubbed it off .
It was very fast and very forgiving~love that part!

It was dry from all the rubbing so
I threw it back on the wall & Voila!

Cleaned up the mess~
the hardest part was getting
the paint off my hands.
I am a mess when I paint.
To save my cloths I painted in my undies!

Done!
And now you know why I could not have sat and made all those tiny boxes for the jelly beans and tied bows on them for the party. Attention span...20 minutes for anything crafty. But this is my third post today and I could sit and blog day and night if I didn't have anything else to do. This was a nice distraction from my toothache...now off to the recliner for that movie.

2 comments:

BECKY said...

It came out great Bon!! It definitely punched it out a bit,and looks lovely there!

Hope your weekend is going fabulously!! Mine has been great so far!

Love you, sweetie!
Beck

Marie Rayner said...

What a great find Bonnie, and a fab redo!! Love it. I hope you are able to get some relief from your toothache soon! xxoo