Tuesday, June 15, 2010

A Simple Woman's Daybook~June 15, 2010

To join in focusing on the simple things and pleasures of your daily life or to read other people's entries, you can click here.

So, For Today...Tuesday, June 15, 2010


Outside my window...It is a sunny day with a rather vigorous breeze...no, it is flat out windy ~ a better description. It is going to be a lot cooler today. I had to turn the heater on for a few minutes this morning. There was an earthquake just south of the border in southern CA last night and it is kind of scary, they seems to be inching their way up the coast since Santiago.

I am thinking...how odd it is to think that Jim and I have been married for 42 years. Wow! What have we learned? A Christ-centered life has a much better chance of surviving earth life. A common foundation and mission statement help immensely. It takes 2 giving 100% and love changes everything. Keep the romance in your relationship and love your kids and the rest of your joint family. Eliminate I and think we. Support each other, have fun, relax and roll with the punches. Allow each other room to grow and progress as individuals and the rest should take care of itself. Realize relationships ebb and flow...(No hasty decisions allowed) be patient, perfection takes eons!

I am thankful for..all the experiences that have taught us the above. And the Gospel of Jesus Christ to frame it in.

From the learning room...every stage of life has incredible and exciting possibilities but they usually don't tap you on the shoulder. It is your job to discover them.

I am reading...Book 3 in the Zion Covenant Series by Bodie Theone. Munich Signature, still. Last week was very busy and I didn't have much opportunity to read it.

From the kitchen...plans are underway for a cooking extravaganza for the party and I wish Marie was here to help me!

I am wondering..why we are having our front porch brick work repaired four days before the retirement party? When they are done Friday and I am declaring the remodel officially over and the yard done for the summer. I seriously cannot take another minute of thinking about it. It has been quite the journey and I cannot say how happy I am to have it this close to done!

I am hearing...Bette Midler singing In This Life. Awesome song.

Today if I could change one thing...keeping the food storage in the pantry rather than on my body...what?

I am quoting...Jim..."It doesn't get any better than this!"

My spiritual thoughts include...thoughts about how different denominations and sects use to bicker amongst themselves and now it is absolutely essential that all Christians stick together. The powers that be are trying to eliminate any trace of a faith in Christ in the World and the nation. We know they will not succeed but pulling together for support seem like a better choice.

Around the house...the windows need washing and I am waiting until the last day to do it.

I am missing...San Francisco...cannot wait for a trip over there very soon. Breakfast outside at the Embarcadero Farmers' Market sound great right now.

I am hoping....things are going well for the family at my cousin's funeral right now in Washington state and that my brother, Steve and cousin, Bob, have a nice time reuniting with our cousins up there. I am hoping all the family that is traveling is having a nice time and enjoying the R&R. Laura and Robert and the boys are enjoying a Mediterranean cruise, their last excursion in Europe for now, Chris and Missy and their kids are in Oklahoma, and Lowell, Piper and Julia are in Edinburgh. Jim and I and Jen, Chloe and Hazie are holding down the forts as the only stay-at-homes right now. We are blessed, I am thankful.

One of my guilty pleasures...Calamari, one of the very few fried foods we ever eat.

One of my favorite things...my iPod, docking station and iTunes.

An enjoyable movie I have watched lately...Shadows in the Sun. Oh my heck...fantastic movie! This movie had it all for me...loved the premise, the lessons, the setting and visuals, the character development, the comedy. And Jim and I both thoroughly enjoyed it. 5 stars...It is older, 2006, and worth the hunt or get it on Netflix.

I am curious about...the lives of thin people...Lol! I do have a vague remembrance...sorta. Average was my kinda thin. I haven't been underweight since the day I was born at 6lbs 40z.

A few plans for the rest of the week...Shop for the food for the party over a couple of days. Still have not completely decided on whether or not to have potato salad or baked potatoes. Leaning toward potato salad because it is better but baked potatoes because they are easier for 60! And they can be cooked ahead and kept in a cooler.

So shopping and cooking and cleaning and windows and that should be enough for this week. Sunday heave a sigh of relief. I am needing a little break so may go see Letters to Juliet this afternoon. Just like my friend, Margaret, I am a huge fan of Verona, Italy where it is filmed.

I just cannot see past this party on Saturday right now, but I know there are some fun things coming after it with the actual end of school and Christopher coming to spend a few days climbing Half Dome with his Dad. Looking forward to some' two on one' time with our son, all of us away from all the obligations of life at home. Mini-VACATION! Woot Woot!

Here are some pictures and a thought or two I am sharing with you~


Celebrating the big 42!
Where we are standing is part of the
beautiful view from our table.


This photo was taken at Scott's Restaurant where they have the best steak and calamari. We order one of each and then like to share. We try to go there at least once a year as we really do enjoy Scott's Seafood. We went last night due to Scouts being tonight.

The ambiance is lovely and relaxing and they have a piano bar and play requests for people celebrating. Through The Years was played for us as we couldn't think of any other of the million songs we love on the spot. This is all new since the last time we went but a nice touch.
They also gave me a long-stemmed red rose. We received an anniversary card with the above photo attached.
They didn't know I had these at home! Tee hee!
I'm so lucky and blessed..
super Hubby, delicious, relaxing meal,
music just for us
and a baker's dozen long-stemmed red roses....
what's not to ?


to you...

P.S. This is my third post today...whaaa.....?

2 comments:

Marie Rayner said...

It looks like you had a lovely Anniversary with Jim Bonnie. I love the picture of you both. I also love your thoughts on marriage. How very true they are. If more people applied these things to their marriages, there would be a lot less divorces I think! xxoo

LA Adams said...

Very nice picture of the two of you. What a lovely tradition!