Tuesday, August 17, 2010

A Simple Woman's Daybook ~ August 17, 2010

To join in focusing on the simple things and pleasures of your daily life or to read other people's entries, you can click here.

So, For Today...Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Outside my window...the sun is sinking in the west and here I am just barely starting this. I am however determined to finish it today. It has been a beautiful day that I have barely had time to notice for all the running around I have done. What I did noticed is that it was another cool day. This summer has been pure bliss. We rarely have seen 90 this summer. Yay!

I am thinking...before I go any further I have to say good-bye for a few hours as I run off to Church for our women's meeting, Relief Society. 2 classes are being presented tonight and I have to bring some food....so be back later!

I am thankful for...the little bit of energy I have left for today so I can finish my post.

From the learning room..I learned some Yoga techniques tonight and how to do a hand massage. It was a wonderful relaxing evening for everyone. I think the young moms really enjoyed this night out of pampering

I am reading...The Book Thief and some other stuff too.

From the kitchen...Lots of fresh vegetables and fruits from the farmers' market today.

I am wondering...when they are going to find out why our daughter, Laura, has so many migraines. She has had them for years but they seem to be getting worse. Diagnostic testing starts tomorrow. I am so happy they are back in the USA.

I am hearing...The washer spinning, and me chomping on a lemon drop!

Today if I could change one thing...Laura would be headache free!

I am quoting..."An apple a day keeps the doctor away!" It takes more than that I am afraid!

Around the house...things are in pretty good shape. It is always like that after you have had a big shindig at your house...I love that little period of order and bliss.

I am going...on a day trip with Jim tomorrow. We are going to this neat old mansion and estate called Filoli Gardens that we have never been to before. It is not terribly far away but will take a whole day by the time it is all said and done. A day vacation kind of thing~we are looking forward to a lot of them in our future.

I am missing...blogging time. I miss how centered it makes me feel to write everyday.

I am hoping...friends that are sick will know we are thinking of them and praying for them.

One of my guilty pleasures...a fun new frozen yogurt place we have found nearby. Yummy!

One of my favorite things...long hot showers in our new bathroom!

An enjoyable movie I have watched lately...Eat Pray Love. Really interesting, but then I loved the book.

I am curious about...how all the grandies will love their new classes at school. And how both Ross and Spencer will enjoy home school this year.

A few plans for the rest of the week...Filoli Gardens tomorrow, Thursday getting serious about getting some plans made for our east coast trip, Friday some fun shopping with my friend and a movie and then date night with Jim. Saturday night having three couples over for dinner from our old ward. Sunday church and working on some genealogy.

Here is a picture and question I am sharing with you...

Do little girls come any cuter than this?
Chloe age 5 & ready for Kindergarten.

4 comments:

Shelli Snyder said...

I love your Monday posts ... I keep telling myself to do the daybook thing but I never get around to it. I love to peek inside your heart when you post them. Love you, Bon!

sistersusiesays said...

OUTSIDE...It is hot, index at 105! Here in Florida!
THINKING...How tired I am! Ha! I relaxed too much this summer. I go to bed at 9 and it's 5:30 a.m. before I know it!
THANKFUL FOR...the beautiful children I have this year!
LEARNING ROOM...I need to learn foot massage!
READING...my pretest scores to group my k-kids.
KITCHEN...tomato, red pepper, onion salad with Italian fat free Italian dressing.
WONDERING...when I'm going to receive my $200 refund from my homeowner's insurance policy for a new roof.
HEARING...Glen Beck on FOX News.
CHANGE 1 THING...it would be for American to turn back to Christ.
QUOTING..."A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush." I happen to have three in the hand, so I guess that's better than 6 in the bush, ha!
AROUND...I still have clothes to wash! How can one person have so much laundry?
GOING...to enjoy my weekend after the 1st week back with the students
MISSING...my days of relaxation!
HOPING...my year goes great with my class.
GUILTY PLEASURE... of eating good pizza every now and then.
FAVORITE...getting home from work quickly; kicking off the shoes that hurt my feet; shedding the clothes and jewelry and getting comfortable in my night gown!
CURIOUS...how excited my kinderkids are before we even get started, ha!
PLANS...Most has to do with school-getting the students in routine, activities going, pretesting done, grouping for teaching, stretching their attention span from 5 to 15 minutes (ha, good luck this early in the year!) Finish my laundry!!!
QUESTION OF CUTENESS...I would say each in their own way! The beauty in their eyes as they smile, their cute responses to things that "dawn on them," their opinions about why...why...why... and my favorite is the things they share that mom and dad would probably not want them to share, lol! I've always shared with that certain parent that appears upset about things in the room, "You don't believe all a five year old is telling you about school and I won't believe all they are telling me about home:-)
Blesssings and hugs,
Susie

Marie Rayner said...

Loved your daybook as always Bonnie. I sure hope that they can get to the root of Laura's headaches and that it is nothing serious! Keeping her in my prayers. I don't think you would find a cuter school girl than tha sweet grand daughter of yours! I hope that you and Jim had a lovely day out! Days out with the one you love are sweet treats! Love you loads!
xxoo
PS could you tell me again sometime how to make cross throughs? I forgot. I also have forgotten how to do hearts! xxoo

Caroline Craven said...

I love musing over your thoughts. Always so focused on others - seems like that is a pattern in your life and one I hope to cultivate. You must be an angel here on earth watching out for and taking care of all the rest of us. Love you girl!