Monday, August 23, 2010

A Simple Woman's Daybook ~ August 23, 2010

To join in focusing on the simple things and pleasures of your daily life or to read other people's entries, you can click here.

So, For Today...Monday, August 23, 2010

Outside my window...the sun is coming up and it is going to be beautiful day here. No breeze though so it might be a little warmer today. Jim has been working over at the Oakland Temple the past few weeks on Monday mornings with the head engineer. The temple is closed on Mondays so that is when they do all the little odd jobs that need doing. He has really enjoyed it. When we get back from the east I will be working there for half a day once a week as well in the office. We are both looking forward to it, it is such a peaceful and beautiful place to be.

I am thinking...Getting up early really starts the day out well. When you are so use to being an early riser, is weird to get up later and feel like one of the most productive times in the day is over. The best part though is not being locked in to what you have to do in that department. If you are tired, sleep longer. If not, get going earlier. Choices, what a gift!

I am thankful for...the tender mercies of the Lord. Honestly they are around us daily and so essential to our well-being. When you look for the good in your life it engulfs you in such gratitude that you cannot help but be overwhelmed by His love.

From the learning room..our perception totally creates our reality. Our thoughts shape our perception, we have control of what we think. That is one of the most powerful thoughts and realities there is.

I am reading...The Book Thief and some other stuff too.

From the kitchen..we are having a birthday celebration tonight with our good friends, Lee and Dave. Just a quiet dinner with them and a chance to chat and relax. Lee's favorite is salmon, we're having it!

I am wondering...if I can come up with a little birthday present for her today. She must be the hardest person to find something for that is just right. I have been thinking about it for three months and still I am baffled. I have even picked up a few things but they are not quite right. Hmmm.

I am hearing...Isn't She Lovely...one of my all time favorite songs.

Today if I could change one thing...it would not be the definition of marriage.

I am quoting..."Often the deep valleys of our present will be understood only by looking back on them from the mountains of our future experiences. Often we cannot see the Lord's hand in our lives until long after trials have passed. Often the most difficult times in our lives are essential building blocks that form the foundation of our character and pave the way to future opportunity, understanding and happiness." President Dieter Uchtdorf

Around the house...laundry and a few other little chores await me after I finish this and before I head out to a RS presidency meeting this morning.

I am going...to go to Costco after my meeting. I have a love/hate relationship with Costco. I love that they have lots of cool stuff. I hate that I don't always just buy what I truly need and that I can never find a parking place without circling the parking lot three times. I love their good prices and hate that I can never find the things I am looking for because I don't go there enough to know where they might be.

I am missing...design work..just a little but, we do have project at Jim's mom's house that is keeping the creative juices flowing, so that is good. I have to go to Walnut Creek today and get some paint samples. Jim is starting a bathroom remodel this week and the new flooring is already picked out and on order for her house. We did that last week and now he will be replacing the toilet and sink. It will be work, but nothing like the last bathroom remodel we did! And at least we don't have to live in the middle of it. I am helping her select some new furniture and we are going to create a color palette for the whole house and get a master plan going for some updating.

I am hoping..to find my "Eat, Pray Love" book for Maureen to borrow but I cannot find it. I have looked through the entire library and nuttin'! Did I lend it to you? I think I did lend it to someone, but who?

One of my guilty pleasures...sourdough garlic bread. I cannot even start with it! It's one of my trigger foods for sure.

One of my favorite things...photography, love it!

An enjoyable movie I have watched lately...Mrs. Brown...I love Judi Dench.

I am curious about...extremists.

A few plans for the rest of the week...today, meeting, shopping, guests. Tomorrow Farmer's' Market, paper work, Wednesday vacation planning, Thursday day trip, Jim's choice this week, Friday, not sure except for date night, Saturday, wedding reception and the big event of the week...Julia Mae goes double digits...turning ten! So those are the big rocks in the jar with the pebbles and sand of a bunch of other stuff to fill in the rest of the time and space.

Here is a picture and thought I am sharing with you...
Don't you just feel this way about some people? You know the ones...you can just let your hair down and be you. No need for pretense and you don't have to explain yourself because they know you and you know them and it's all good. Happy belated birthday, Lee! See you tonight.

3 comments:

Janean said...

great photo!!!!!!!!! LOL. yep, i notice that good friends DO start looking similar. :)

Marie Rayner said...

Oh, I do love your daybook Bonnie. It's just like sitting down with you and having a good old chat! xxoo

Julie Harward said...

I enjoyed your entries and loved the cute picture...I would love to meet those two! ;D