Thursday, September 23, 2010

Autumn Love

This photo just makes me feel so happy
~Pumpkins can be Beautiful!~

Pumpkins are so much fun and versatile.
Here are a few of the things I think are great about them...


Topping my list is decorating with them!

Look what Cindy did and check out her others by clicking here.
This one is my favorite~Be Still my beating


My favorite pumpkin in my collection
so far,
this year it is in our kitchen.

Dining Room Centerpiece

Halloween Night Dinner

One pumpkin hallowed out and cleaned, remove seeds, string etc.
One cup instant rice plus needed water
1 lb hamburger, garlic, bell pepper, onions, salt and pepper to taste
(this is kind of a do your own thing mixture depending on what your kids like.)
1 can of cream of chicken or mushroom soup plus a little H2O
Add veggies if desired

Poke hole in lid of pumpkin. Grease outside of pumpkin and place in a roasting pan. Cover stem with foil. Fill pumpkin and bake at 350 degrees for 1-2 hours until pumpkin scoops out easily like potatoes. Good for the little goblins before they go out Trick or Treating on a cold dark night.

Gramma Jo's Pumpkin Bread Recipe
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 2/3 cups flour
1/4 Teaspoon baking soda
3/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground cloves
1 teaspoon nutmeg
2 eggs well beaten
1/2 vegetable oil
1/2 cup water
1 cup cooked, mashed pumpkin non-spiced OK
1/2 cup chopped nuts (optional)

Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Mix dry ingredients in a large bowl. Add in wet ingredients and blend well. Pour batter into greased and floured pans. Either 2- 7 inch pans or 3 or 4 mini loaf pans or muffin tins. Bake 50 to 60 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. (Adjust baking time according to size of pans.) Cool 5 minutes in pans and then remove to a cooling rack. Recipe can be doubled or tripled and freezes nicely wrapped in foil.

Follow your favorite recipe ( I go to Costco!)

And my all time personal favorite
~get away coach with a handsome prince!
This year the real Autumn Leaves show in New England!
We are so excited!!!

flickr*

3 comments:

sistersusiesays said...

I never realzed pumpkins could be
so beautiful, especially the carriage!
Blessings and hugs,
Susie

Julie Harward said...

I love pumpkins to in any shape or form or food!These are fun recipes, thanks for sharing them! Love your gramma Jo's recipe, looks wonderful! :D

Caroline Craven said...

I love the post and love the new banner. We planted all kinds of pumpkins this summer and I am looking forward to cooking up the smaller sweeter pumpkins for pies, breads and ravioli (on really ambitious days). We have had a grasshopper infestation of biblical proportions here this summer, they even ate my big jack-o-lantern pumpkin, so I need to go check the garden and see what's left. I guess I haven't prayed hard enough for the seagulls!