Saturday, October 9, 2010

A Glimpse of the Fall Foliage

One of the fun ways to plan a trip is to check into the professional tours given in an area. That is exactly how we planned our route through the fall foliage of New Hampshire. It was really fun to see the chartered buses in the places along our route knowing we didn't have to pay $1400.00 a piece to enjoy the same spectacular views. You can travel so much less expensively if you do this and picnic along the way. Where there is a will, there is a way.

Heavenly colors..I love birch trees
and was delighted to find this shot.


This river was so beautiful!
Of all the bodies of water on the planet,
I enjoy rivers most.

Our eyes were so drawn to the reds and oranges.

I am resigned for now to think this orange kick
I am on is going to last longer than I thought!

Seeing the shimmering leaves
makes this twice as beautiful!

Love this!

This covered bridge was a beauty,
we saw several and drove over one.

The canopy was so thick here!
I have realized that the photos really do not adequately convey what this time of year is like in New England. I hope you all can experience it on your own. It is indescribable and unforgetable. I hope you are enjoying this Sunday on this unigue 10-10-10 date!

6 comments:

margaret said...

Gorgeous!I have woods behind my house with some nice yellows and oranges but none of those fabulous reds.

Deanna said...

Drats! I didn't want the photos to stop but oh how lovely those photos are. I love them all but the photo of the river and the one with the birch tree but then the bridge....nope, I can't decide!

Love,
Deanna :D

Caroline Craven said...

I absolutely love the pictures. I know it's not the same as seeing them in person, but maybe next year we will be able to do that. I actually did take notice of the date, today Trevor was ordained a deacon. So cool!

Marie Rayner said...

How beautiful Bonnie. I love all the photos and I adore covered bridges! Glad to hear you are having a fab trip! xxoo

Dorothy said...

I am loving your beautiful posts. I Don't know if you remember back this far but the month our literature lesson in R.S. studied Mark Twain, we were at Westover AFB and the Springfield Branch RS sisters (no ward yet) had a field trip to his home in Hartford built to resemble a Mississippi River boat. I mainly remember the window above the fireplace. Sam Clements liked to watch the snow fall on a winter night so the chimney flues were built to go up either side of the window. Glad to see you included a covered bridge and rivers. I loved the way New England seemed to celebrate Harvest time with old wagons filled with pumpkins and gourds and bales of straw and a scarecrow on doorsteps and front lawns and the fruit stands with their old wagons filled with pumpkins and baskets of apples and jugs of cider along with the piles of pumpkins and gourds. I hope their emphasis hasn't changed to Halloween.
So great that you and your family can have this tour together. I hope you continue to have good health and good safe traveling. Am happy camera/computer are all cooperating to allow us to enjoy the trip with you.

sistersusiesays said...

I just love the glimmering shimer of the trees in your pictures! We have a few trees that change, not many. The acorns are falling off the oak trees now. The oak leaves don't fall off until spring!! Then the trees get their new limey green leaves!
Love and hugs,
Susie