Tuesday, October 19, 2010

A Simple Woman's Daybook~October 19, 2010

To join in focusing on the simple things and pleasures of your daily life or to read other people's entries, you can click here.

So, For Today...Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Outside my window...It is not quite 7:00 pm and it is pitch black outside. We've been home for less than 24 hours and we had a fun vacation. I have such mixed feelings about being home. Of course it is always wonderful to return to your own home and throw the suitcases in the attack for awhile but I sure miss all the kids. I guess that is something that never goes away. It seems to be my reality anyway. But our own bed felt good last night and it was wonderful to get all the clothes out, laundered and put away where they belong.

I am thinking...about how tired I feel right now. I guess it is really 10:00 pm to my biological clock but I am thinking the tired is more just from all the running, all the excitement, and the let down of it all being over.

I am thankful for...safe travels, beautiful sights, wonderful memories, this time of life.

From the learning room...that trying to keep a proper perspective is very important as we go through life. We need to check our own realities sometimes. Most people have a tough time doing it. Perception is everything, we don't always see eye to eye but the other guy is always wrong...right?

I am reading...The Help, loving it.

I am wondering...How Hazie is doing. She was diagnosed with Asthma along with all her other things this past week. Poor kid! But the upside is the medicine for it is helping her breathe better.

I am hearing...Nothing gotta fix that...going to my iTunes file, I'll see what comes up...I've Got My Love To Keep me Warm, Billy Holiday. Ah, that's better!

Today if I could change one thing...The aging process, ugh! And a variety of things would burn calories.

I am quoting...Julie Beck, "It is not possible to make real changes all by ourselves. Our own willpower and our own good intentions are not enough. When we make mistakes and choose poorly, we must have the help of the Savior to get back on track. We partake of the Sacrament weekly to show our faith in His power to change us. We confess our sins and promise to forsake them."

I am going...to get a better, more balanced routine going now....Christmas is coming!

I am missing...the kids featured here http://grammaandyou.blogspot.com
Check it out I changed the formatting and there is a cute video of Laura's boys first up!

One of my guilty pleasures.....jewelry shopping with Laura, we have so much fun. Found a really fun place in Newport called Bedazzled, we stopp
ed in one last time on the way to the airport. We didn't buy too many things! I did buy a few cool earrings on the trip and a great picture of a Vermont farm in the autumn that I love. Will get it framed in the next month or so. It belongs in our bedroom.

Pet Peeves...
wet counters in public bathrooms. Seriously have you ever seen a clean, dry one you could set something down on for a minute??

One of my favorite things...turning the gas fireplaces on in the chilly mornings. There is nothing like a fireplace in the kitchen on a cold morning.

An enjoyable movie I have watched lately...Leap Year with Laura.

I am curious about...
how different life must be in the New England states. It is such a homogeneous environment and seems to be grounded in common values. I am wondering what it would be like to be a student at Yale, my 2nd favorite Y.

A few plans for the rest of the week...just getting back to normal and getting reorganized, trimming back some dead looking plants, getting back on a regular eating, sleeping and exercising plan, seeing my manicurist, needing a haircut. Friday I hope to see my Friday morning group (use to be Monday) and then going to a play on Friday night with friends. I also have a billion photos to go through and some posts on each of the states we visited to do. Visiting and teaching and church work is waiting too. Got the shopping done and soup made today so that that helped get us going on a less caloric diet! I have so many blogs friends to visit this week too. Looking forward to catching up with you all.

Here is a photo and thought I am sharing with you....

Rhode Island is just about at its peek right now. This was taken from the window of the car on the way to the airport yesterday. I am so happy as Robert's parents are coming to visit them on Thursday and I wanted them to be able to see the foliage. They are the reasonable in-laws, staying four days instead of three weeks! You know us, we don't do anything half-way. How embarrassing! Yikes!

4 comments:

Julie Harward said...

I can relate to the tired feeling...we just got home from a week's vacation and it was wonderful but it is great to come home and rest up and get caught up and stop eating out! ;D

Caroline Craven said...

Glad you are safely home, but I'm going to miss the pictues of your trip. Vicarious is about the only way we vacation lately. Hoping to change that next fall!

Marie Rayner said...

Loved your daybook as always Bonnie! I know you had a fab trip visiting your family and seeing all the sights, but it's always nice to be home isn't it. Now I know you are home safe and sound I can pop your print into the post! Look for it soon! xxoo

Deanna said...

Praying and thinking of Miss Hazie.

Deanna