Friday, May 13, 2011

Let There Be New Light!

Remember when I showed you this a few weeks ago? Well, I took the plunge and ordered in online. Well it has arrived! What a fun and exciting day that was for me. It took forever but finally came UPS, and we are the last stop of the day so it arrived while Jim was out biking. I told him we did not need to put it up that night but he wanted to...so of course I wasn't going to argue! Bless his generous, workaholic heart!

To say it was well packed would be an understatement!
We had a tree's worth of paper and packing material.

I could see a bit of a raised eyebrow as he opened it...not sure what he was thinking probably something like... "I will never understand this but...OK. I'm there. I'll put it up!" He is such a good sport about my house ideas. I do so love him for that because I know he does it to be sweet to me. In turn, I try hard to have a pleasant environment for us to call home.

It didn't take too long at all and he was done.

So here it is. Just a little touch, but I really enjoy it and truth be known he does too. He added a dimmer switch and some frosted bulbs the next day and now it is perfect. He told me it looks like it has always been there and it looks like it was meant to be there. That is the highest form of a compliment to a decorator I think. Anyway, I am happy he is happy and he is happy I am happy. So, win/win.

As an aside, I have to tell you this funny thing that happened a few Sundays ago after I had posted the first piece about the chandelier. I have found out recently that several men, whom I never would have suspected....read the blog (I love you guys by the way!) Anyway, one who shall remain anonymous but whose initials are JJ came up to Jim.

You know how men in suits kind of posture when they want to share something important ...they stand side by side and lean towards each other just slightly. (It true, notice it!) Anyway JJ says to Jim, "Seriously Jim that fan is outdated...you need that chandelier!" Maybe ya had to be there, but it was so funny and cute and I loved it! I have always had a special place for him in my heart but it grew bigger that day.

4 comments:

sistersusiesays said...

How pretty! It looks so elegant! It looks as though it gives off much light too.

I plan on this summer getting some things done in the house. I'll take before and after pictures when I do!

Love to you and yours,
Susan

Julie Harward said...

It's beautiful..I love it! And I have a man come and comment once in awhile..strange but ok I guess! :D

laura.elizabeth said...

I love it- it looks awesome. And I am sure it looks even better in real life. I can't wait to see it. Dad is great about house stuff. I feel blessed because R is the same way. It just makes homemaking so much more fun when you know you have the support of your husband.

Marie Rayner said...

What a pretty chandelier Bonnie! There was something very similar to that in the conservatory at the Manor when I worked there, except a lot more massive. I used to have to clean it. I hated it. Too many nooks and crannies! It was beautiful though!