Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Jen's World Famous Halloween Trail Mix

1. I start with about 3 pounds of basic trail mix: nuts, raisins,
cereal, coconut or whatever you like.

2. Add a pound of candy corn. You can also use the pumpkins
that are made of this same stuff...or both (;

3. Throw in a big bag of Halloween colored M&M's.

4. Add about 1/4 pound of Halloween pretzels.
These are "Bats and Jacks" from Sam's Club.

5. The best part of this mix is the foil eyeballs. They are chocolate
filled with peanut butter. You can get caramel ones too but I like PB best.
(Sorry the photo is so lousy...I couldn't get the camera to focus on
the eyes--just the plate! arggh!)

Toss it all together and you have yourself
several pounds of Haunted Trail Mix.

These are the basic ingredients that I always use. The fun part of a mix is that
you can add anything you like to make it unique.

2 comments:

sistersusiesays said...

Your mix is something no one could keep their "eyes" off of, ha!
Susan

laura.elizabeth said...

Holy Moley! That looks awesome. The boys would love the candy eyeball. I am afraid my kids get the short end of the stick on Halloween.