Monday, February 13, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day!


Good Morning Family and Friends,

You may have notice I haven't been posting as much on this blog lately. My focus has been carried away by many things and I have been studying family history and genealogy lately and have fallen in love, hook line and sinker. This is such rewarding and fascinating work and one that I feel is so important. Honoring and getting to know our progenitors as well as our posterity is such and intrical part of who we are and who we become. I have learned so much about families as I have put my heart and soul into this. So the family focus has sharpened and I have devoted a lot more time to that than I ever did before. Not just the immediate family but the generational families in our family tree.

Don't worry though, I am not going to stop blogging as long as I can think and type I'll be here. It is such a way of life for me and something I enjoy so much. And the wonderful friends you have all become is such a joy to me and I want to keep up with all of you. Please don't give up on me.

I have had a couple of thoughts about the blogging. One is, I need to retire this blog and start a brand new one. I am nearing 1600 posts on this blog and the search engine just doesn't work anymore. Every time I want to look for something I cannot find it because the search engine times out. Sometime in the next few months I want to turn my attention to doing something new and different. I feel this blog has gotten stale and that you might be tired of it at this juncture. I'll let you know for sure and have a forwarding url remain on this blog.

My first priority right now after my immediate family, has got to be my studying as I have been asked to do some teaching at the regional Family History Center and I want to make sure I do my best. I need to be ready to do that in April or possibly May. It is a big responsibility and I take it very seriously. I have also been working on my Legacy Blog. This past weekend Jim and I started hosting and moderating a genealogy study group in our home on Sunday afternoons. That takes a lot of prep time right now. But soon hopefully we will be sharing the teaching with other members of the group and all learning together. Also for some reason I cannot explain, my design consulting has picked up again.

Now I must confess that Pinterest.com has taken over my leisure time and I use it to relax my eyes and brain. It is everything I love. Beautiful designs and photography, helpful hints and organizing ideas for future use. It is all about people, places and things and the beauties of nature and God and recipes and great quotes and funny things. So since it is Valentine's Day I made a pin board for all of you with lots fun photos and links. Most pictures are links to the place where the photo was first pinned, often times a blog. Double click to open and then single click until you come to the origin of the pin. It is usually two or three times of clicking once. Anyway the board I made for Valentines Day has something there that reminds me of all the people I love in my life...and you are many. So just enjoy the link and know I was thinking of you when I made it.


Now I haven't been reading blogs lately but I did run across this post a few weeks ago and thought it was so good so I bookmarked it. I really hope you will come back and read it. This lady is a phenomenal blogger and photographer and has really captured something great here. Turn up your speakers and enjoy a little gift for Valentine's Day! Enjoy and know that you are loved by me even though I am on a self-imposed sabbatical right now. Happy Valentine's Day to You and Yours!

2 comments:

Marie Rayner said...

Happy Valentines Day Bonnie and Jim. Missing you friend, but you do what you have to do! If you do change blogs, I'll be right there with you! xxoo

Caroline Craven said...

I don't get pint rest, probably because I haven't had any time to really look at it, but I did click on it and scrolled through your stuff. I clicked on the vintage heart via the junk shop and saw a picture of Nicki, Regan and Kenna. How did that get there? Myst be something you pinned from Nicki?