Monday, February 6, 2012

A Simple Woman's Daybook~February 7, 2012


Taking a Moment to Contemplate the Journey!

Just For Today...Tuesday, February 7, 2012
Our lives pass swiftly by!
I want to do something to remember
the everyday moments and my thoughts.
That is what this daybook is all about.
Focusing on the little things that become my life.
One week at a time.


Outside my window...it is actually Monday night and I am getting an early start on this. Hopefully the sky is very cloudy and heavy with rain that will begin @ about midnight. 100% chance of rain in the morning when we wake up according to the forecast. If we are going to have a winter I want it to get rolling so it is not still snowing in Utah in June! Everything is budding here...mother nature is confused.

I am thankful for...A wonderful husband and children and grandchildren and siblings. Life would be rather bleak without them.


From the learning room...life is always in flux. Sometimes the rolling with it is easier than others. But roll we must and so we do.

I am reading..."Rutka" a story about the Jews of WWII. She is compared to Anne Frank and her journal was just discovered a few years back and published. It is very interesting and sad. So wonderful that it was preserved to come forth.

From the kitchen...I cooked ahead and we are all set for the week.

I am missing...something...I am not sure what. You know how it is when you just have that empty space that needs filling but you cannot identify what you need.
I am hearing...You Are So Beautiful by Kenny Rankin.
I am wearing...Jammies
I am quoting..."But if we are truly happy inside, then age brings with it a maturity, a depth, and a power that only magnifies our radiance."

Somethings that made me especially happy this past week...Lowell's promotion to VP of his company. Uplifting letters from friends. A great day in the city with Jim, two clients that need some help in their homes, dinner out with wonderful friends last Monday night to celebrate a birthday. Church of course and then the Super Bowl yesterday with my brothers and my cousin and their wives and of course, James. Loved chatting with the sisters while the men watched the game. Who played...not a clue! I am a week away from starting some classes in family history that hopefully will make a difference. The best of news about a budding, no full blown new romance between two 86-year-olds. He is close to us and has been for 40+ years, we haven't met her yet. This is sweet, I'm telling ya!

Some spiritual thoughts I have been pondering...wow, there are so many. I have been thinking about the importance of the Family in a mufti-gen
erational way. Like have you ever thought about what if the immigrant ancestors had not left the old country? All those life decisions that we all make affect the outcome of all the generations to follow. It is a miracle that any human being made it here through all the odds that they wouldn't. I guess that is kind of a weird spiritual thought but one that really makes me know that the Lord wanted each of us here to live his plan and help in the work of building his kingdom through service and love. No wonder he knows each of us by name, we are special to him and we have a job to do.I am going...to try not to disappoint God and do what it is he has called me to do.
One of my guilty pleasures...one on one with a friend or two. The older I get the less I like the big shindigs. They are exhausting.
Pet Peeve...That just when I finally feel recovered from the holidays it is time to start thinking about getting the tax stuff together. No rest for the weary.
One of my favorite things...
getting my 'to do' list done and feeling good about what I have accomplished in a day work. It feels good to be productive. But I also like to have some fun and serendipity along the way.
An enjoyable movie I have watched lately...The Da Vinci Code and Angels and Demons. It is so fun to watch those movies when you have been to the places where they are set. That Ron Howard could direct and produce movies that replicated the Vatican and various other Catholic settings is almost incomprehensible.
I am curious about...why I saved so many important things to do until the autumn of my life. So many things that I just feel like I can never get it all done. The number of boxes of pictures that I need to scan would scare you.
If I could change one thing it would be...the unrealistic expectations we all put on others.

A few plans for the rest of the week...working tomorrow afternoon and evening, Wednesday, doing the tax prep in the morning for a Friday meeting with the accountant, Thursday a family history class in Oakland and a morning date with James, Temple Friday night and hopefully sometime this week a pedi. Date night Saturday night. Hopefully a Movie out. Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close. Tell me if you have seen it??

Some photos and thoughts I'm sharing this week...
a short and simple one. We love San Francisco. You just have to get out of the car and walk around a few blocks to see it up close and in person. When I cannot take the noise of where we live sometimes...this gives me a great new lease on life. I love the escape of just blending in....the anonymity of it.

Voted the Best Bakery in the USA by New York Times Foodie Columnist. Located at 600 Guerrero Street we would highly recommend it. We tried a couple of things. Lemon Bars... aw, the best you have ever had. Don't expect fancy..this is pure neighborhood dining small and crowded with excellent food. Not a tourist in sight.

Mission Delores and Mission High School below.


This was the favorite picture of the day.
Love the old Victorians and their distinguished character.


3 comments:

Marie Rayner said...

Bonnie, you and I have so much in common it's uncanny!! I just know we would be the best of friends in real life. I think this time of year brings with it a certain feeling of restlessness. I have been feeling very much the same way that you have been feeling. Or maybe it is not so much the time of year as it is the time of life . . . I don't know! I have never enjoyed large parties or being in crowds. I am definitely a one to one person. I am happiest in small groups and on a singular basis. That's just the way I roll! Love you! xxoo

sistersusiesays said...

OUTSIDE...it is getting dark and my parrot Jerry is letting me know he wants to get covered up. He's calling out!!! Let me go cover him!
THANKFUL...for the LORD in my life. I would not have life without Him!
LEARNING ROOM...I have learned to let my burdons be given to the LORD. For, He knows all things before they happen and He knows what is good for me.
READING...YES! I am reading a book! It is, "Will I See Fido in Heaven?" by Mary Buddemeyer-Porter.
It is about, "Scripturally Revealing GOD's Wonderul Eternal Plan for His Non-Human Creatures." It is awesome that there are so many scriptures (in context) that support the Eternal Love GOD has for all of His Non-Human creation!
KITCHEN...not much! I made some chicken salad for lunch, but I'm now having the dreaded heartburn from it! Yuk.
MISSING...that goes with, when your hungry for something, but you don't know what it is!!
HEARING...about a 16th century art piece that was stolen by the Nazi's and is being returned to its Jewish owners' descendents.
WEARING...you go girl! (Since that is what I always seem to be wearing, ha!)
QUOTING..."Prayer does not make GOD see things as we see them; it helps us see things as GOD sees them." Daily Bread 3/5/2007
HAPPY...blogging again with a new friend that we got separated and have found one another again. She is from Holland; going to the movies with my friend; video taping the church service; making plans with a friend to have brunch next week!
PONDERING...the Greatness of GOD that He had everything planned out before man was every created. Nothing happens but what GOD already had planned! I'm so thankful to Him that I have been, am, and always will be in His everlasting plans!
GOING...to trust GOD for everything in my life.
PLEASURES...retirement, WOW! All the things I can now do, but couldn't before!
PET PEEVE...to get my taxes done before February so I can get my refund just to use to pay my house insurance :-(
FAVORITE...To have my coffee just as I hear the school's (down the road a little way) late bell ring reminding me I don't have to go anymore!
MOVIE...Queen Latifa and Dolly Pardon's Church choir movie! It even got me to dancing in my seat, ha!
CURIOUS...(It may be because you have more time in retirement! LOL)
CHANGE...to take my own advice. I used to tell the children, "Just worry about yourself and not everyone else and you will get done what you need to do and enjoy doing so.
PLANS...I can say I am quite consistent. Bible class-Wednesday, Gracie to the groomer-Thursday, Hair done on Friday, video taping-Sunday, brunch with a friend-Monday.
PICTURES...now why did you have to put that lemon bar first, ha!
Love to you and yours,
Susan

LA Adams said...

This coral Victorian looks just like a Sleeping Beauty house, I think I could imagaine a story just looking at this picture.
Your thoughts about immigrant ancestors and their decisions is an important factor in the Spirit of Elijah and the promises God has made to people hundreds of years ago. The promises he has made to us. I'll try not to disappoint him either!