Saturday, October 27, 2012

A Simple Woman's Daybook~October 27, 2012

Just for today~Saturday, October 27, 2012
 
Our lives pass swiftly by! I want to do something to remember
the everyday moments and my thoughts about them.  
That is what this daybook is all about.
Focusing on the little things that become my life.
One week at a time.


 

Outside my window...the sun has passed over us and the shadows of day's end are approaching the driveway and side of house.  Dinner is made and I got all the house work done early this morning.  It is one of those days when the house is cooler than outside.  A beautiful Autumn day that I have enjoyed mostly right here from my desk as I have been writing most of the day.  I have been writing some (but not all) of my very over due emails, organizing my work for the coming week, reading various blogs and news articles and writing blog posts.  This is my second for today.  I love days like this where I am free to do what I want and need to do.  Yay!  Jim has been off in ten directions helping here and there.

I am thankful for...the fact that after several months of battling with atopic dermatitis it is finally getting better.  Good health is something I use to take for granted...no more.  That little thing of constant itching and blistery rashes have nearly driven me crazy.  Especially at night when it is much worse and sleeping well is not possible.  When that occurs then the next day is not too productive. 

From the learning room...I have learned that when you do not feel well things are all colored in a different way then normal.  I found that I could not fully concentrate on things and that I lost my enthusiasm for the things I love.  Poor Jim, I think he wanted me well more than I did.  The medications made me grumpy and edgy.  My passion for life waned and I just felt irritated a lot.  Now that I am feeling so much better I feel like life and lit my fire again.  Yahoo!

I am reading...mostly the Internet on the election and I have been on Pinterest a lot.  It was so relaxing when I was feeling badly and I could just get lost in the beautiful scenery, the photos of autumn and all the other things I love to view on there.  I guess it is a bit like reading picture books as a little kid.  That has been great for me.  It has been my Calgon bath, my yoga, my day in the park...just all things relaxing and rejuvenating for me.  When politics and the concerns of the day work me over pretty well...I go to Pinterest to recover.  There I can view the beautiful creations of God and find rest.

From the kitchen...Minestrone soup and hard crusty bread tonight.  Praise God for crockpots.


I am missing...Downton Abbey, working more on our family history, my far away beloved friends and family and my mom's peanut butter cookies.

Some spiritual thoughts I have been having...we truly are created and loved by our Father in Heaven.  We have no power at all on our own.  Not even to take breath.  Every good thing and every good day comes from Him.  Without Him we are nothing.  With Him we are everything.  All simple and yet profound thoughts that we often think upon recovering from something that kind of knocks the wind out of our sails.   I learned that not feeling well is a lonely place.  I think it has made me more compassionate for people with chronic illnesses and conditions.  The Savior kept me from despair and gave me hope.  I am so grateful for Jim, he helped me so much.  Good health alters everything for the better, the reverse is also true.  May we all be as healthy as possible for as long as possible.  Above all may we find comfort in our afflictions in Christ and strength in our faith.

I am hearing...Josh Groban..Awake.  Music is the balm of so many ailments.  Beautiful and peaceful melodies that comfort and quiet. 

One of my guilty pleasures...White Collar.  I am loving that TV series that I can watch on Netflix streaming.  We have not had network TV for decades so I really have no idea what most people are watching.  I feel with the streaming I can kind of catch up on some stuff.  And I could never watch regular TV with all the commercials.  Netflix has me spoiled, that...and our Apple TV box that streams it all onto the big screen.  Sweet. What I like about White Collar...decent capers and language, wholesome relationships and nice eye candy.  Neal and Peter...Ahem!

Pet Peeves...People that are not real or genuine or honest or good.

I am going...to be so dang happy when we have a new president.

I am quoting...Pinterest


 If I could change one thing it would be...the distance between us and the friends and family we love.  I would love to be closer to all of you as we go through some very trying times in this world.  A big group hug on a regular basis would be awesome.  In need your hugs to keep me going. 

An enjoyable movie we have watched lately...Upstairs/Downstairs 2010 version.  Absolutely delightful.  PBS Masterpiece Theater.  I am a true PBS devotee.

I am curious about...the obvious difference between good and evil and why more cannot see it and do not want to see it.  Perplexing.

Plans for the rest of the week...keep resting today and tomorrow except for Church.  Monday family history all day.  I will praying all week for our kids in Rhode Island for their safety from the hurricane and storm and will be glad when it blows over and out.  Tuesday work, Wednesday grocery shopping and getting the pantry and freezer stocked up.  Thursday guests for dinner for Jim's mom's 86th birthday.  Need a haircut someplace along the way and nothing else is coming to mind right now.  Just trying to keep the stress down so the skin will not flare-up.  Hurricane Sandy and O b a m a go away...that will help.
 
One of my favorite things...being able to visualize a bright new future for us all.

Some photos I am sharing this week...yesterday Jim and I went to the City and had an enjoyable time.  Here are a few of the photos from our day trip.  It was the most beautiful day...so much so that I just want to take the memories and wrap myself in them for awhile.   It was sunny and 70 degrees out.  It was one of those days you just wish would never end.  I tried to understand why I love going there so much with him.  I think I got a glimpse into my love for it yesterday.  It is our private time together when no one else is wanting anything.  We can just be together and relax without interruption.  Kind of sad we have to leave home to get that but that is about the size of it.  That is by our choice but once in awhile a break needs to be savored.



Coming across the Bridge
 

So much blue with the 
Golden Gate in the background.


The San Francisco Yacht Club


Reflections of the Yachts on the Harbor

After we drove around and took photos we made out way to Palace of the Legion of Honor.  The museum has several Rodin sculptures that reside here permanently.  The Thinker is in the outer court yard and it was surrounded by this huge see-through tent and they were setting up for a wedding reception tonight.  Holy Cow how much did that cost we both wondered?  $20,000 just for the venue? Will The Thinker upstage the bride and groom?   We are half-tempted to go back over there tonight to see it all lit up with the chandeliers they were hanging in the elegant tent.  It will be amazing and crazily extravagant.  


The Kiss~We love this one!


Rodin's signature


I have never been a fan of Picasso but 
me thinks I see the inspiration for Big Bird here.
Hahaha!



I about cried when we saw this and could stand 
in front of it uninterrupted for as long as we wished.
Musee D'Orsay in Paris is on our Bucket List.
Imagine being able to see many of the 
Impressionist's Painting right here at home.



We enjoy this museum so very much and the annual pass we bought has been a really wonderful bargain.  The fact that they rotate the exhibits makes it always new and enchanting.  Since the Legion and De Young partner on this annual pass it broadens the experience considerably.  We love it.


After this we went to The Beach Chalet 
one of our favorite places for lunch
 and sat by the window with this view.


So peaceful and quiet and private. 
 I am going to get a lot of mileage out of yesterday
 in the next couple of weeks.  It was wonderful.
I wish you could come over for a visit~you'd love it!

❤♡♥♡❤♡♥♡❤♡♥s, Bon

 

1 comments:

sistersusiesays said...

OUTSIDE...we had a little wind and clouds from Hurricane Sandy, Praise GOD it didn't hit here!
THANKFUL...you are feeling better!!
:EARNING...that getting older is certainly a personal experience! No two's difficulties are the same!
READING...worrying is sin, but I surely have a time struggling with it during presidential elections!
KITCHEN...leftovers-Stovers.
SPIRITUAL...I have come to learn when I'm feeling bad, it only enhances what Heaven will be like when there will be no more pain!
HEARING...golf! It must be fun!
PLEASURES...you too! I joined about 3 weeks ago! I love to watch the stories with animals in it!
PET PEEVE...when you are sitting with your car's blinker going and someone else shoots into "your" spot!
GOING..to dance my sore bones away when Romney gets in as President!
QUOTING..."That's not what I said!"
CHANGE...who's president NOW!
MOVIE...Angel Dog (Netflix)
CURIOUS..."Having eyes, they refuse to see. Having ears, they refuse to hear."
PLANS...rest!
Love to you all, Susan.