Sunday, January 6, 2013

Writing


I like that this lovely lady is a lefty!

If someone were to say to me, "Don't write anymore, it would be like taking my voice.  Laryngitis of the heart, mind and soul.  That would be one of the cruelest things I can imagine!  It would be like locking my heart in a wooden box...and throwing away the key. It would be total deprivation of the freedom of expression that comes with the symbols of the written word.  It would be like saying to your eyes, 'Don't blink', or to your lungs, 'Don't breathe,' or to your heart 'Don't love.'


 To not be able to write would be a kind of death inside me. 
 One I cannot really think about too much.

Funny, but I don't feel that way about talking...just writing.
That is where I find my comfort zone.


This picture should be much more colorful
 for its words are the truth.

2 comments:

Nellie's Cozy Place said...

HI Bonnie,
So sorry I haven't gotten back to you before now, just been busy, but will
answer back soon.
I feel the same way about writing, I have always had pen pals or journaled and I love writing and now blogging as it does bring to the paper what is in your heart, that was a perfect scripture for sure.
Hope you have had a nice weekend,
Love and Blessings sweetie,
Nellie

sistersusiesays said...

I know what you mean. I have a book of writings I started about 25 years ago that I have titled, "The Insignificant Writings of an Unimportant Person." I have poems, stories, editorials that deals with issues of joy, anger, debate, and life changing salvation involving myself, family, friends, politics, and my Christian viewpoint of it all. No one has ever read it but me.
It makes a difference for me to put my feelings down since I have no one to share it with. Parts of it would be considered negative by some unless they could see it through my eyes and experience. Life isn't always positive, but it's the negative that we truly learn to trust in GOD, those of loved ones, and friends that truly can identify with what you are experiencing.
Write from the heart, for that is where we humbly start! Susan