Tuesday, June 11, 2013

A Simple Woman's Daybook~June 11, 2013



Our lives pass swiftly by! I want to do something to remember
the everyday moments and my thoughts about them.  
That is what this Daybook is all about.
Focusing on the little things that become my life.
One entry at a time.

Just for today~Tuesday, June 11, 2013
 
Outside my window...It is just past 1:00 pm and the sunny day outside my office window is very inviting.The breeze is gently blowing the American Flag around and the hydrangeas looks so pretty by the side of the house.  And I am loving Michelle for taking care of the flowers while we were away.  She definitely has the knack.  Me, not so much.

I am thankful for....Priesthood blessings and my physician.  She is so sweet and kind and knowledgeable.  She is my first female doc and I really like her.  I have seen her twice this week because I have been having some facial swelling which they have determined is probably a reaction to a medication I have taken for years.  So hopefully by stopping it it will cause the swelling to subside.  I will feel better and definitely look better than I do now ( Like a botox treatment gone bad!)  They gave me an EPI pen to carry around until this thing is under control.  A little frightening, but I am thankful for my faith, a great companion, and my wonderful Dr. Taher.
 
From the learning room....more about the places we visited as I have begun to recount what we did in our travels here on my blog.  I love to research the historical places and share the things we have learned.  It helps cement it in my mind and makes the learning last longer when I share it.  Stephen Covey was right when he said, "First learn, then teach it to make it your own."
 
I am reading...William Bradford's Pilmoth Plantation~this is considered to be the first American History book ever written.  Jim and I are reading it aloud together and it is excellent so far.  It is Governor William Bradford's account of why the Loyalists from England and the English Separatists from Holland came here on the Mayflower.   It recounts their heroic voyage and is about the settlement they created when they arrived.  It is a fascinating story.
 
From the kitchen...All stocked up with pantry items, fresh veggies and fruit and I made Jim his soup yesterday.  So the next few days we'll be coasting through the kitchen to eat but not to prepare.  I am focusing on learning to get the love back for cooking.  So far so good.  Maybe I'll try of few of the bazillion recipes I have saved on Pinterest....just in case!

I am missing...my normal smile.  I am looking a bit like the Joker of Batman fame these past few days.  Not attractive at all.  Patience is a virtue...repeat three times!

Some spiritual thoughts I have been having...that placing the Lord at the center of our lives is the best way to live, cope, and enjoy our blessings with Thanksgiving.  When we move him out of front and center it just complicates every day life...both the big and the small things get distorted.  The basics like prayer, scripture study, going to church regularly, these are the things that help us stay the course.  Without this I pretty much have to say...what is the point of anything?   Filling our lives with earthly things, entertainment and hedonistic pleasures will never fill our cup.  He knew that, that is why he gave us substance that matters and allows us to choose for ourselves.

I am hearing..the dryer humming, a plane overhead and some jazzy music.

One of my guilty pleasures...chocolate and summer fruits and veggies.  Today Watermelon. Yummy.

Pet Peeves...the new blankety-blank light bulbs.  Oh tell me the government doesn't have more important things to do than regulating light bulbs.  Argh.  I really do not like those guys over there that do this kind of stuff with all the major issues at hand.  The new light bulbs are a joke, they are not good and I'll be darned if I am making a trip to the hazardous waste disposal place in another town to throw them away.  And no, I am not saving them up some where either.  Just no!  

I am quoting...from Pinterest


Both Joy and Sorrow!

If I could change one thing it would be...that Laura and Robert's basement had not flooded three times in the past week.  Who votes this the craziest year ever for weather?  We about roasted to death on Saturday with temperatures nearing 110 and it has been 40 degrees cooler every day since??

An enjoyable movie/ TV show we have watched lately...North and South~checking out Mont Royal.  Love it!  I haven't watched much on the big or little screen this week.  But this computer screen has been blazing a trail all hours of the day and night.

I am curious about..why anyone would want to wire-tap my cell phone.  Now that is some kind of desperate for something to do.  It even bores me...poor them.
  
Plans for the rest of the week...pretty much just blogging.  I have a lunch date on Friday but we'll see how I am by then.  Otherwise I am sticking close to the hearth and home and recuperating,  reorganizing and recreating a great vacation on the blog.

One of my favorite things...that Jim and I have been married for 45 years on the 15th.  Unbelievable how time has just flown by.  I cannot comprehend 45 years...what the heck? 

One thing that made me so happy this week...getting back in the swing of our normal (?) life.  The routines have been sweeter after a time away.  I am so sad to be missing work today but will be there next week with bells on...hopefully!

The most surprising thing this week...looking like I've had a botox injection without having one.  Weirdest weird and surprising in a bad way.

2 Photos I am sharing this week...
June 15, 1968

Flashing back!

          Until we all return...happy day to you!
        ❤♡♥♡❤♡♥♡❤♡♥s, Bon

4 comments:

Marie Rayner said...

Loved your day book as always Bonnie. I do hope you can get your medication sorted and that the swelling goes down. I love the series North and South. WE have it all on DVD and watch it about once a year. I know . . . we are boring people! Love you lots! xxoo

sistersusiesays said...

I love your Day Book! It's like having a "conversation" of ideas!
OUTSIDE...the clouds are gathering for our afternoon storms.
THANKFUL...The LORD Bless your healing. I am thankful my best friend's (like a sister) cancer was not found anywhere else but in the lymph node under her arm. She is beginning chemo this week.
LEARNING...I hope to do the same when I go on my trip in August!
KITCHEN...Since it's just me, I've got to get back into cooking for myself!
MISSING...my pep and energy.
SPIRITUAL...I was thinking as I read in my Bible studies at how anything that happens has already happened in the Mind of GOD, for He already knows the end from the beginning. That's why it's so important to "wait upon the LORD" Ps 37:9, Isa. 40:31.
HEARING...on t.v, the little girl, Sarah's getting her adult lungs today! Thank you, LORD. Bless her.
PLEASURE...A Klondike bar every now and then!
PET PEEVE...AMEN! I stock piled up on the old bulbs! I didn't realize how poisonous they are if they burst! We have many power surges even though I have a surge protector on my incoming house line.
QUOTING...response to yours, when man allows GOD to control our spiritual side, it can hold so much info. That's why in Heaven we are going to learn a universe of things that have never been revealed in our fallen state We are not equipped for it now, but then we will be!
CHANGE...That dust would not be allowed to enter our houses!
TV SHOW...I just love to watch the "Gaither Vocal Band" every day at 10:00 a.m. What uplifting praise to our Almighty GOD!
CURIOUS...It makes me want to say (every time I get on the phone) "To anyone listening on wire tap, 'Jesus loves you' and He is listening to every thing you are saying, doing, and thinking. It's even being recorded in "The Books!"
PLANS...Taking my friend to chemo, having some installation done in my house, taking Dolly to her vet appointment, getting my hair done!
FAVORITE...holidays! Tell Jim I said Happy Father's Day! Happy anniversary to you both too!
HAPPY...isn't routine great! It messes me all up when I get out of routine. It's just as important in older people (if not more) than when we were children!
SURPRISE...You get well, girl!!!
Beautiful memories! Wouldn't it be just as great if we could have flash "forwards!" To be able to stay on the pathway of joy and not deviate onto those that would later bring trials of lessons why to stay on the correct path!
(Sorry about the run on sentence!)
GOD is good all the time; all the time GOD is good! Love to you all, Susan

Bonnie said...

Ladies, thank you so much for your comments. It apparently was the medication causing the problem as I am now off of it and the swelling has gone down about 90% over night. I love it when the Lord inspires physicians to know how to help people. Susie, I hope your good friend is just fine. I have a friend that just went through months of chemo and she is so happy to be done and she is doing so well now.

So feeling very grateful today for the healing and for the friends I have like you!

Hugs, B

sistersusiesays said...

I'm so glad for answered prayers for you and the swelling going down in your face!!

Thank you, Bonnie. She goes on Monday for her first treatment. She has a very positive mindset and trusts in our LORD for His purposes.

Love to you and yours, Susan