Friday, July 5, 2013

Coming Home From A Bad Place...

We hope you had a very meaningful and fun Independence Day Celebration.  We have pretty much been celebrating it for several months now.  So yesterday we just had  a pancake breakfast at church and then a quiet day here at home.  Here are some thoughts to share through a video.




This was pretty sobering knowing that we have been so blessed to have such a homecoming for Robert since last July 4th.  We did not get to see him until we were able to visit in May.  When hugging our Robert I had such similar feelings as this video evokes.  It was a beautiful moment in our lives to see him healthy and strong back home in a wonderful place.  We love you Robert and Laura, Spencer and Ross.  Thank you!




This is something like what those giant bear hugs
 and six very happy faces in one place felt like.
Eternal Gratitude!

3 comments:

Cindy said...

What an awesome video-it brought tears to my eyes, as we are anxiously awaiting our son's return home this month from his first deployment.

Nellie's Cozy Place said...

Morning Bonnie,
Lovely tribute and such a neat video
It sure made me cry. So much happiness and tears of relief, I remember that only too well myself,
as my brother was a Viet Nam Vet.
I remember his return, but I remember even more so the day he had to go back for his 2nd tour of duty, I was
14 and could not look at him without crying......I cried the whole day, and was so upset with him for choosing to go back a 2nd time.....of course, because I was
afraid he made it thru once but might not make it thru twice.
But Praise the Lord he did make it
home again.
I was so thankful last year to hear that Robert made it home safe and sound, and it truly is such an
overwhelming and amazing sacrifice that these men and their families
make...........so of them going more than once. I know one blogger that this is her husbands 4th time.
I can't imagine .
This was a wonderful tribute to our men and women in uniform. We thank you Robert and for all you dear
ones that pay such a high price for our freedom in this nation.....
You are to be highly esteemed and honored................
Blessings, Nellie

sistersusiesays said...

I was so happy to hear Robert was returning for good! Bless you all, Susan