Sunday, February 16, 2014

A Simple Woman's Daybook~February 15, 2014


Our lives pass swiftly by! I want to do something to remember
the everyday moments and my thoughts about them.  
That is what this Daybook is all about.
Focusing on the little things that become my life.
One entry at a time.

Just for today~Saturday, February 15, 
2014
 
Outside my window...it is pitch dark and getting chilly.  We are having a special Valentine's Day dinner tonight.  I have my part all done now Jim is starting up the barbie.  Hard to imagine it is our 49th Valentine's Day together.  Last night we did our normal Friday night date...movie and popcorn.  We got all caught up on Downton Abbey, thanks to Laura and Robert giving us season 4 for Christmas.  

I am thankful for....the serendipity experiences of 2014 so far.  At Christmas I had no idea that we would be able to spend a little time with each of our kids right here in our home and that both Jim and I would travel to Utah separately in Jan for him and February for me.

From the learning room...my brain is on overload after attending the all time biggest and most fascinating genealogy conference for three days while in SLC.  Rootstech was so wonderful.  I need two weeks to go over all my notes and the syllabus information for each class, and to check all the links and great tips on several new things.

I am reading...The Book Thief and How to Be An iPad Power User for Genealogy.  Also today I have been reading my aunt's autobiography.  Amazing stuff.

From the kitchen...Steak, Baked Potato, Banana Squash, Asparagus, green salad and chocolate cake. 

Some spiritual thoughts I have been having...Decisions Determine Destiny.  Our gift to choose for ourselves is key.

I am hearing...Rod Stewart, "They Can't Take That Away From Me"

One of my guilty pleasures...Hibernating at home.  I love being at home.  

Pet Peeves...Tax season rolling around so fast every year more complicated than usual this year with the sale of the condo.  

I am quoting...Pinterest


I love mornings when everything
 is fresh and new and a do-over.


If I could change one thing it would be...that everyone we love lived closer.  It gets tiresome always missing someone!

An enjoyable movie/ TV show we have watched lately...The Book Thief.  The best movie I have seen since Les Miserables with Hugh Jackman.  Surprisingly we thought Downton Abbey season 4 was very dark at first, but it is regaining our favor as it loses some of the soap opera aspects we didn't like in the beginning.

I am curious about...how Jim was able to finish the roof on the shop completely with Dave while I was gone and then to rebuild a portion of our walk in closet right behind my office area so I could have more storage space for my family records.  Two new file cabinets with very generous space, cubby holes and drawers and shelves for me to store everything that has been neatly stored in boxes under my desk for three years.  Love that guy!

Plans for the rest of the week...Monday meeting with friends and writing and organizing and preparing for work on Tuesday.  Tuesday wrapped up in work all day.  Wednesday working on taxes. ugh!  Thursday...haven't planned it yet. Friday going to the orthopedic surgeon for more info on Jim's upcoming hip replacement. Friday is also Room with A Past Nothing going on just yet on the weekend.

One of my favorite things...One on one time with the grandkids.
 
One thing that made me so happy this past week...being in Salt Lake and helping with the new house.  Seeing where they are and how much happier they seem already. No big snow storms, the spirit at Rootstech and making my first video on preserving family history and story telling via video recordings. 

The most surprising thing this past week...the closet revamp which was a total surprise.  Happy Valentine's Day to me!

A photo I am sharing this week...




We need some rain pretty badly here in CA.  
Won't you pray for us to have some?
Thank you!


UNTIL THE NEXT DAYBOOK,

 Be Happy, Keep Your Balance and Enjoy Your Life!
Only One Rather Short One Per Person Allowed.

❤♡♥♡❤♡♥♡❤♡♥s, Bon

1 comments:

sistersusiesays said...

OUTSIDE...9:44 am I just love the brightness of the deep blue skies as the Spring equinox approaches. The birds have been singing, even little wrens have returned and are hopping all over the place!
THANKFUL...for the blessings GOD gives us when things happen that we can use for a testimony to Him and His Love for us!
LEARNING..."To wait upon the LORD" and while doing so share His Love in everything I do!
READING..."Dear GOD, It's Me and It's Urgent" by Marion Stroud. It involves prayers for every season of a woman's life.
KITCHEN...Nellie's Bean And Pasta meal. It was delicious! I am putting on my chicken for chicken and dumplings!
Spiritual...Yes, the LORD gave us the right to choose. I'm so thankful I rely on His leading for my life! You can't go wrong with the LORD!
HEARING...Joyce Meyers ministering about studying the WORD is different than just reading the WORD.
PLEASURE...HOT Chocolate. It is so good on cold days!
PET PEEVES...To get my income taxes done early so my refund pays for my homeowners insurance!
CHANGE...that prices would stop going up every time I go to get groceries!
MOVIE...Carefree - I'm on the Fred Astaire and Ginger Rodgers "kick"!
CURIOUS...how the thin long legs of Sandhill Cranes don't "freeze!"
PLANS...Take my friend for her last radiation treatment, get pedicures, Bible Study group, video tape a memorial for a missionary's passing for their family who is overseas.
FAVORITE...Seeing my grand niece, Brooklyn!
HAPPY...That my friend will be finished with all the chemo and radiation treatments!
SURPRISE...New sentence from my macaw! I was telling him how pretty he was and his response was, "I know it!" When he is chattering so fast sometimes, I have responded with the sentence. Now he's using it back at me, ha!

Talk about rain, we've had enough here in FL! I'm so glad to see the bright sky today!
Love to you and yours, Susie