Thursday, March 20, 2014

Starting The Morning with incourage.me

Pinterest

Every morning when I wake up I love to spend a few minutes in bed reading my email subscriptions and checking news, weather, etc.  I guess it is the equivalent of someone needing their Starbucks and newspaper or Good Morning America each day.  Since I don't do any of those I have to get my information elsewhere.  We choose to pass on coffee for religious and health reasons, the newspaper for lack of real journalism and extreme bias, and the TV because we don't want cable.  So Internet it is and topics of my choosing.  I love having more control over what I surround myself with and absorb by osmosis.

I have spoken of http://incourage.me several times on this blog and one of my favorite contributors is Kristen Welsh.  Today she has an amazingly good post so wanted to share part of it with you here in an attempt to get you to finish reading it on their blog.  Then you can look around for yourself, if so inclined.  Here is what Kristen had to say about her kids...

"I bet you feel the same way.
I came close to death bringing them into this world, by way of epidural, you understand. But still.
I gave up my body to nourish them, more hours of sleep than I can tally with a calculator, more money than I can count (and still counting) and half my granola bar yesterday morning.
So, I’m committed.
I have sacrificed hours of time sitting in carlines, waiting in bleachers, making doctors appointments, waiting up for them to get home and waiting for the hot water heater to recycle.
I have cried more tears than I can hold and held my breath over every moment I couldn’t control.
I have fretted over their pain and wondered if they understood just how much I loved them, just how much I would for them…
I would die so they could live.
And that’s the way God feels about you. 

The rest of what Kristen has written is very compelling.  Just go to http:// incourage.me and scroll down past the chalk board and it is the first post entitled "How God Feels About You!"  Let me know how you like it.  It is a great blog to subscribe to. Always uplifting and encouraging and Christ-centered.  It is a great way to get your day off to a positive, up-beat and good start.  It helps me stay positive and less worried about the state of the world or the neighborhood.  And it increases my faith. Win/Win. Enjoy! 



1 comments:

sistersusiesays said...

Every morning I wake up singing the doxology to the LORD; Praise GOD from Whom all blessings flow. Praise Him ye creatures here below. Praise Him above ye heavenly host. Praise Father, Son, and Holy ghost. Amen!

What a wonderful display of friendship on incourage.me! I really enjoyed her video "This is (in)courage.me." We ladies on Wednesday share a wonderful time as this. Since it is we "older" ladies, there is so much to share! It is so important to have our friends in joyful times and times of need! Thank you, Bonnie, Susan