Wednesday, April 30, 2014

A Simple Woman's Daybook~April 23, 2014

Our lives pass swiftly by! I want to do something to remember
the everyday moments and my thoughts about them.  
That is what this Daybook is all about.
Focusing on the little things that become my life.
One entry at a time.

Just for today~Wednesday, April 30, 2014 
Outside my window...the sun is starting its descent into the night.  I set up the template for this daybook on the 24th.  I am finally getting time to actually write this.  It was supposed to be 91 degrees today.  I'm not sure if it got that high but it feels good.  Another day like this tomorrow and then it will cool a little.  Last day for April Showers.  I think we maybe done with rain but maybe not.  It is definitely time to plant those May flowers.  I really want to do it but then wonder if we will be home to keep them alive during the summer.  I think we will but...?  We are supposed to go to Washington state in a few weeks but that is so up in the air right now.

I am thankful for....Jim getting better each day.  It has been a long haul but he is improving faster than most.  He has a hard time in the car so that is a stumbling block to the car trip at this point.  Flying would be shorter but much more uncomfortable so we'll see.  It is for a family reunion but if we can't we won't make it this time. His health and well-being has to come first.  He had his electrical inspection on the new shop today and passed with flying colors so that is a great thing to be thankful for I think.  The final inspection is next.  Woohoo! It has been three years of working a lot.  We are happy to see it coming to a close finally.  I'll take you on the grand tour when it is done.

From the learning room....You just never know what you don't know.  That sounds a little funny but it is true.  The more you learn  the more there is to learn.  The more time you spend on the learning the more precious what you get out of your toil is to you.  It is a wonderful spiral up!

I am reading...constantly...all day long most days as I work.  I want to slow that down and do some other things like see family and friends more.  Have some dinner parties, picnics and day trips and recreational time.  I want to go to some movies, San Francisco and enjoy being outside more.  I want to be better at saying you have done enough work this week.  Do something else for a change.  I want to plant my flowers.  I want to spend away time with Jim. Have some girl time.  I need that a lot.

From the kitchen...I'm thinking about dinner..it is not going to be gourmet today! Left-overs probably.  

Some spiritual thoughts I have been having...I am happy about the principle of eternal families because it sure has been lonely without the kids lately.  We miss the littles and the bigs a lot.  It seems like a really weird way to live sometimes.  All scattered all over living separate lives.  There's an isolation in that that is hard to describe.  At least it is that way for the parents who think about all of them day and night.  I wonder if our Heavenly Father feels the same way about us?  I have a feeling He might.

I am hearing...The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face.  So pretty!

One of my pleasures...I like to listen to music videos on YouTube sometimes at night.  It can really takes you back to the good old days.  Fun and entertaining.  Music is an expression of what feelings sound like.

Pet Peeves...People that park in our drive way and block me from getting out.  That makes me absolutely stark raving mad.  I know I have said this before but it still bugs the heck out of me.  It is like someone parking right across your drive way entrance so you cannot get in or out.  The height of being inconsiderate and lazy.  Argh!  I don't mind parking down on the street if I don't have $200 worth of groceries to carry in.  I hate to say it but it's always men!  (Never David though!)  If women park there it is different because they are coming to see me or we are going somewhere together.  But the men.....!!!!

I am quoting...Pinterest. 



If I could change one thing it would be...See Pet Peeves!

An enjoyable movie/ TV show we have watched lately...Philomena! Have you seen it?  Oh my goodness! Sad, poignant, thought provoking.

I am curious about...how all my favorite people are doing?  Missing them all a lot today.  Hoping they are happy, healthy and doing well.

Plans for the rest of the week...Tomorrow going to work on my Swedish genealogy if I feel energized in the morning and hopefully get some flowers to perk up the yard.  Weekend is open.  Wow, I can see I have been climbing a hill for awhile and got to the top on Tuesday night after I finished teaching my third class in less that 10 days...I didn't look down the other side of that hill yet apparently.  I had a dental appointment today and some follow-up work to do on my classes.  

Not much to report right now for the coming week.  One thing though is getting my Easter stuff all put away and now giving the cottage decorator a big break until next October when we start it all over again with Autumn. I am ready for a break.  And of course it is time to pay bills again. Sigh...
  
One of my favorite things...seeing Jim outside working again.  Shorter hours but he is happier, me too.  Being healthy is such a good thing.

One thing that made me so happy this past week..A lovely picnic with our friends Maureen and Doug.  They brought it here and we ate out by the pond in our backyard.  Gorgeous day.  It was just like when my cousin came with his wife a few weeks ago.  A lovely restful time with another couple.  I am a fan of just two couples or any two friends they don't have to be couples.   It allows you to have a more meaningful conversation.  That is nice.  That is one of the nicest things you can do for someone recovering from a big surgery when they are almost better but not quite up to going out to restaurants or driving a lot.  I will be doing this for people in future.  More fun than I would have imagined.

The most surprising thing this past week...last night someone broke into two cars on the Temple grounds with people and security all around.  Gutsy and sad for the people that came out of the temple to find shattered glass all around their vehicles.  The cars were parked in plain sight from the visitors center.  Double Gutsy!

Some photos I am sharing this week...My favorite little place near home where no one ever seems to go when we are there.  It is drop dead gorgeous this time of year as you can see.




The red bush,  the mustard, and 
the greens are just breathtaking!



I love this place.  It is right near Mt. Diablo


UNTIL THE NEXT DAYBOOK,
 BE HAPPY AND CARRY ON!

❤♡♥♡❤♡♥♡❤♡♥s, Bon

1 comments:

sistersusiesays said...

OUTSIDE...it's windy, cloudy, and hazy.
THANKFUL...for bloggers and blogging!
LEARNING...it never ends! What a joy that it doesn't!
READING...Randy Alcorn's "Heaven."
KITCHEN...if I could only afford a chef, ha!
SPIRITUAL...One Day He nor we will ever know that feeling again!
HEARING...Cross TV Word Pictures on the television. (Rebirth)
PLEASURE...YES! I have recently found that out (for my posts!)
PET PEEVE...Maybe you can get the police to ticket them for blocking the "right of way!"
CHANGE...that I would never have to do house cleaning!
PLANS...Grace to vet, hair done, house's A/C yearly check, termite's yearly check, throwing out clutter!
FAVORITE...eating out with friends.
HAPPY...meeting with my Bible study church lady friends!
SURPRISE...to realize my truck is 10 years old now! (Reminded when I took it for an oil change!) I told them I plan on keeping it for another 10 years, ha!
PICTURES...I'm so glad GOD's beauty reminds me of His beauty.
Love to you all, Susan