Friday, September 19, 2014

A Simple Woman's Daybook~September 19, 2014


Our lives pass swiftly by! I want to do something to remember
the everyday moments and my thoughts about them.  
That is what this Daybook is all about.
Focusing on the little things that become my life.
One entry at a time.


Just for today~Friday, September 19, 2014 
Outside my window...it is almost 3:00 pm here right now.  About 80 degrees and it is a lazy afternoon.  The sky is bright and the shady trees are starting to shed their leaves.  Just a little...but autumn is definitely in the air.  There is always something so exciting to me about the fall.  I love summer at first but as things get hotter and drier, I just feel it wearing on me by the time September is nearly over.  Our days seems so long and evenings so short when Jim works outside until 8:00 pm or so.    So bring on the Fall!

I am thankful for....Good medical care and how blessed we are.  Our little Hazel had surgery on both of her tiny eyes yesterday and she did so well.  She has strabismus or lazy eye where her eyes don't always sync.  She's fourth generation in our family.  My father-in-law, Jim, our niece, Becky and now Hazie.  When Jim was little after he had surgery he had to be sandbagged for several days flat on his back.  Yesterday she had both eyes done and was in the recovery room and home within 6 hours.  She's doing great today!  Modern advancements are pretty amazing!  

From the learning room...How we perceive things is the governing factor to everything we do and who we are.  Paradigms can be changed, we can change but perception of something has to change first.  We have to filter our thoughts through good standards and values all the time.  We literally write our own story.

I am reading...The Agony and the Ecstasy...still.  My book has such tiny print.  Mistake!  I have been wanting to read it for a long time.  Stephen admonished me to do so.  It is so delightful to read after time spent in Italy a few years ago.  Who does not want to know more about Michelangelo? 

From the kitchen...All filled with healthy food...on the Weight Watcher trail again. Going to get it right this time.  This time is the last time.  Lots of veggies ready to go and fruits and lean protein.  I have learned for myself I am not able to tolerate any bad carbs.  Not any.  I have had one peice of bread over the last two weeks.  I noticed a difference.  I'm on it!

Some spiritual thoughts I have been having...No matter how apparent something seems we cannot judge people.  We just never know what they are suffering.  I have a story I want to tell you about this in the upcoming week.  People struggle in ways we cannot even comprehend.  They are usually odd or ignorant or mean because they have issues.

I am hearing...Michael Ball singing a piece from Les Mis.  Love that man's voice and personality.   It has been over 10 years since he performed his concerts in the USA.  Time for a redo, Michael.  I may have to catch up with him in the UK in the late spring that's coming up.  I think I'll check his concert schedule before we book flights.

One of my pleasures...Being home.  I am a homebody most of the time.  I do have my wanderlust but home is my total comfort zone.  We are planning a couple of overnight trips in the fall and during the holidays.  There is a place up north that rivals the east coast for fall colors so we are heading up there.

Right before Christmas we are going to Long Beach, CA and staying on the Queen Mary for a couple of nights.  We are excited about that.

Pet Peeves...getting panhandled in parking lots by people in Nike tennis shoes.  Seriously so annoying and I must have a big X on my forehead.  Apparently it says ask me for money instead of getting a job.  I just say I don't carry cash because I don't!

I am quoting...Pinterest...so true.  If you really want something you can have it.  Just do what it takes.



If I could change one thing it would be...that children never got sick or suffered.

An enjoyable movie/ TV show we have watched lately...Foyle's War still and tonight we are watching My Big Fat Greek Wedding.  Always a fun one.  I have been watching Cedar Cove..that is a fun American series.  Andie Mac Dowell is so beautiful!  I think the second season is out now.  I want to be in the UK right now with Downton Abbey 5 starting Sunday night.

I am curious about...the coming winter.  I read that it is supposed to be a winter like we haven't seen in 75 years with record snowfall all over the country. Except here of course and the Gulf and Florida probably.  Just wondering if it's media hype or for real.

Plans for the rest of the week...tomorrow up early for WW meeting and then going to Room With A Past shopping with two great friends.  Sunday church in the morning and writing in the afternoon.  Monday and Tuesday and Wednesday working on various things. All family history related.  Some day this week getting my fall decorations out and up.

One of my favorite things...fall colors...they make my heart leap inside my chest.  L.O.V.E. It always makes me remember the year we went to the east coast in the fall.  I have never seen anything so beautiful. 

One thing that made me so happy this past week...I happened upon a fabulous sale at Hobby Lobby (yes we do have a brand new one here and also a brand new HomeGoods!)  I bought a new Christmas tree.  7.5 feet tall 850 lights absolutely full and gorgeous and 40% off.  I am doing the happy dance over here.  I also bought a 2015 calendar today.  What?  I know it seems like I am trying to hurry and usher this year out doesn't it?  Maybe so?

The most surprising thing this past week...our son asked me to critically edit a narrative about his career path for a Guggenheim Fellowship he has applied for this year.  Me?  His humble mother!!  It felt nice to be needed in that way.  Both Jim and I made suggestions and he was happy.  Deadline was today so it's a done deal.  Fingers crossed for you, Christopher!

A photo I am sharing this week...







UNTIL THE NEXT DAYBOOK,
 BE HAPPY AND CARRY ON!

2 comments:

sistersusiesays said...

I so love your Woman's Day Journal!
OUTSIDE...yesterday was cloudy all day, it drizzled rain all night, and right now it's cloud covered with sprinkles!
THANKFUL...I am so thankful too for sweet Hazel!I will keep her on my prayer list.
LEARNING...to depend on the LORD's WORD and apply it to guide my thinking, actions, and the words from my mouth.
READING...my monthly "Midnight Call" magazine. (Prophecy and world events)
KITCHEN...since I retired, I've been eating much less. In 3 years I've lost 22 pounds! I like my slow cooker recipes that I will eat on for several days.
SPIRITUAL...GOD already knows my entire journey. I live one day at a time, I pray daily for His guidance, and I try to apply His WORD to my life.
HEARING..."Daniel Boone was a man..." song on t.v., ha!
PLEASURE...Yes, Amen! I have so enjoyed my retirement at home everyday!
PET PEEVES...Even worse is when they're outside the grocery store! I say the same thing (I never carry cash!) Now if it's the boy or girl scouts, I'll cash out in the store and give them a donation outside!
QUOTING...Blessed are the flexible, for they shall not get bent out of shape. (Movie, Buck.)
CHANGE...that sin would never have entered the world.
MOVIE...Shiloh, movie about a young boy and a beagle. Of course you know I love animals.
CURIOUS...at where all of the wild blue and gold macaws have gone? I saw a report where there are very few left in the wild. I have one, but I don't think that many people have taken them from the wild as pets.
PLANS...last week was filled everyday! This week is a slow week! Nothing planned, but my time of enjoying my church!
FAVORITE...when one of my birds comes out with a new sentence! I went in singing to my birds and Max (macaw) said, "I don't want to hear that!" Ha! LOL! He got it from me when I would go in when he is squawking and I'd day the same statement to him!
HAPPY...To get my 2 acres mowed after letting it go for 2 weeks! Praise the LORD for my riding mower!
SURPRISING...that I bought a new calendar yesterday too! Great Danes! I like to list all the yearly info on it early.
PHOTO...beautiful! Believe it or not, our oak trees lose their leaves in the spring!!!
Thank you Bonnie for your Journal!!!
Susan

Pamela Ilene said...

Mr. T and I love Foyle's War. Love your post. First time I have stopped by.