Saturday, September 27, 2014

Pumpkins Are So Iconic and Verstile in the Fall

Beautiful Sunflowers are a treat aren't they?
But it is about the pumpkins at this time of year!

This photo just made me feel so happy
~Pumpkins can be Beautiful!~

The truth is I'd rather decorate with pumpkins than eat them. Some pumpkin recipes I do enjoy but I adore they way they look, almost always. Give me some pumpkins and gourdes and I am happy when Autumn rolls around. I am enchanted with most colors but these, these are my favorites and have been for way too long. New England probably sealed my fate on that forever.


Even though this is exactly like our silver van,
I promise this is not ours!
When I saw this I really had a good laugh.
Who needs this many pumpkins from the pumpkin farm?
Oh, I want this in our front yard!


Pumpkins are so much fun and versatile.
Here are a few of the things I think are great about them...


Topping my list is decorating with them as I mentioned!

Look what Cindy did and check
out her others by clicking
here.

flickrI like this one too. I think one year
I will bedazzle some fake

pumpkins by painting them black
and embellishing with jewels!


This one is my favorite~Be Still my beating

One of my favorite pumpkin in my collection
so far,
this year it is in our kitchen.
This is my year around art work
above my desk in my office.
Love....Love it.

Dining Room Centerpiece




Halloween Night Dinner

One pumpkin hallowed out and cleaned, remove seeds, string etc.
One cup instant rice plus needed water
1 lb hamburger, garlic, bell pepper, onions, salt and pepper to taste
(this is kind of a do your own thing mixture depending on what your kids like.)
1 can of cream of chicken or mushroom soup plus a little H2O
Add veggies if desired

Poke hole in lid of pumpkin. Grease outside of pumpkin and place in a roasting pan. Cover stem with foil. Fill pumpkin and bake at 350 degrees for 1-2 hours until pumpkin scoops out easily like potatoes. Good for the little goblins before they go out Trick or Treating on a cold dark night.

Gramma Jo's Pumpkin Bread Recipe

1 1/2 cups sugar
1 2/3 cups flour
1/4 Teaspoon baking soda
3/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground cloves
1 teaspoon nutmeg
2 eggs well beaten
1/2 vegetable oil
1/2 cup water
1 cup cooked, mashed pumpkin non-spiced OK
1/2 cup chopped nuts (optional)

Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Mix dry ingredients in a large bowl. Add in wet ingredients and blend well. Pour batter into greased and floured pans. Either 2- 7 inch pans or 3 or 4 mini loaf pans or muffin tins. Bake 50 to 60 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. (Adjust baking time according to size of pans.) Cool 5 minutes in pans and then remove to a cooling rack. Recipe can be doubled or tripled and freezes nicely wrapped in foil.

Follow your favorite recipe

And my all time personal favorite
~get away coach with a handsome prince!


flickr*

1 comments:

sistersusiesays said...

From summer's sunflowers to autumn's pumpkins and gourds! It's amazing the many things that each season brings if we stop and think of them all!

When teaching, the kids loved cleaning out the pumpkin seeds (which we would toast) and then they would watch as several parents and I would (in small groups) carve them!

I love the yellow, orange, and red colors of fall! While teaching there were some teacher friends that would bring back branches with the leaves and give to us for sharing with the children. Some even had a purple color to the leaves!!!

I wonder if the pumpkins in the caravan were taken back home and resold for profit?

What a wagon of gourds! Can you carve those too?

I remember some time in the past Baking a recipe inside of a pumpkin. It's been some time ago! I think it was one of your recipes.

Pumpkin pie is my favorite! I like to make the mini's in the "mini muffin" pan.

The Pumpkin Prince and Princess Coach is delightful! Is it stationary or do horses in array pull the coach?

What a wonderful blog to get your visitors excited about the season of fall!

In re-reading before I posted, I found just above I had written blob instead of blog, ha! It's amazing how my fingers don't always go where they're suppose to, lol! I'm glad I caught it!

It's so good to read your blogs again! I'm so happy you decided to continue! Lov ya, Susan